• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Are People Coping?
This government's policy on drug treatment services, the focus on recovery over maintenance regardless of what the patient wants or what anyone with a qualified medical opinion believes to be best for them, and the focus on short term results have led to a large increase in the rate of mortality among opioid users.

By my estimation (using prevalence data to estimate the population size and the drug-related mortality data to estimate the rate of mortality in each death registration year), this has resulted in an extra 800 deaths in 2014, which is the most recent year for which statistics are available.

The government clearly don't care if their ideological nonsense kills drug users. It's not that they have overlooked the risks to users - they just don't give a shit.
I waited 8 weeks for a 'pre-assessment' with drug counselling service here that I was referred to by my gp because he couldnt/wouldnt help. (I had already waited almost 4 weeks for the gp appointment).
I then waited another 7 weeks for an actual appointment with a councillor.

2 weeks later (after 1 counselling session) this charity was put into administration for misappropriation of funds and myself and all others using the service were basically dropped like smelly turds, given no info or alternatives.

Ime alone, this system doesnt give a shit about the plight of drug addicts so long as it can be brushed under the carpet. Cant get professional treatment and made criminal for self-medicating. The system is a joke at best.
"To know that you do not know is the best.To think you know when you do not is a disease.Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it.” ― Lao Tzu
(04-08-2016, 07:56 PM)Xochipilli Wrote: Well the govt did consider the alledged health effect of poppers being banned so I am guessing they are aware; I am guessing they are very aware some are dependant but realise access to drugs won’t disappear for many and they think others will rightly pull there socks up and if it’s unpleasant so be it.

I will note some caution over what seem slightly narcissistic click and forget petitions as a substitutes for more genuine engagement with politics a la 38 degrees and the like; there are thousands of these splintered often contrey things often with little drive or sometimes much logic behind them. There are a lot of similar petitions languishing half filled. I would not be against what you say but any such thing need to mobilise a lot of people behind some simple likely and doable aims. You say eligable for debate which isn’t quite right - at the trigger amount of signatures they can rightly dismiss debate out of hand. That isn’t to be too dismissive but it would take some consideration - I suspect you can forget repealing the act and would have to ask for something more like clarification/modification of the law regarding nootropics or medicines but actually we aren’t even sure what the laws position is yet. Maybe some legal challenge or failure is more likely.

I read about the poppers thing. The impression I got was that no provision was made in the Bill or upon passing it into the law, so poppers were excluded under the Act. It's only when a homosexual and pro-gay rights MP raised the issue in parliament and said the use of poppers was important to gay men and tried to argue it could be perceived as an attack on the gay community and restricting their lifestyle and sexuality, that the government decides suddenly "ok poppers are excluded from the Act".

We now have a situation where the government is able to just seemingly decide on a whim what they can say is legal and illegal, in what is a billion pound marketplace and some might argue, one which has valuable contributions to make to human health and development.

This Act gives them that arbitrary power, which is IMO is unscientific and undemocratic. It's a move towards a totalitarian and arbitrary style of governance which we have come to expect from the EU, but not from our own government.

I haven't looked into the background to the drafting of this Act or the white-paper. I'd like to see what public and industry consultations the government carried out, over what time period. How they have come to draft such a massively ambiguous piece of legislation, and whether they have commissioned a report on its social and economic impacts, as well as the enforcement costs and legal costs it's likely to cause on the public purse.
the ban has got me off RCs and on to the classics from blackmarket which is all shits and giggles til i get caught and fined. but fuck it the gov gave me two choices with the ban ;do as they say and obey laws i dont agree with ;or fund organised crime 

i would respect the government if they would finally admit the war on drugs was a mistake start looking into regulating
(05-08-2016, 11:32 AM)medijuana79 Wrote: I waited 8 weeks for a 'pre-assessment' with drug counselling service here that I was referred to by my gp because he couldnt/wouldnt help. (I had already waited almost 4 weeks for the gp appointment).
I then waited another 7 weeks for an actual appointment with a councillor.

2 weeks later (after 1 counselling session) this charity was put into administration for misappropriation of funds and myself and all others using the service were basically dropped like smelly turds, given no info or alternatives.

Ime alone, this system doesnt give a shit about the plight of drug addicts so long as it can be brushed under the carpet. Cant get professional treatment and made criminal for self-medicating.  The system is a joke at best.
Are You in England? you have my complete sympathey, i don't want to go heavy into details as it would just be me whinging again and getting angy with the syste, I know pal, It sucks shit especially when you are on your own trying to get help.

You have my complete sympathy but don't give up and work something out, I always feel worse than before i went to those people drug addictions, doctors etc.

I did find a doctor who says the right things. Never give up, but try work it out. It is so hard to keep yourself stable while trying to quit yet making the appointments. I got told off for many things and found it was not helpful. Yet if i turned up on methadone, or suboxone, it would be acceptable. I refuse to go down that road. If its opiates i would look into clonidine. Yet doc will hand out a script easier than for clonidine as it is a drug that now needs to be medically monitored, yet librium, diazepam, opiate painkillers don't? I don't want to understand it anymore as i get mad, about it and my own addiction to.
Dr Mr(s) Government

I, and throngs of other UK voting populas would love to be abe to go to spar or nisa or oddbins depending on your locality (im really limited) to egally purchase 2-3 spliffs please tax me accordingly and also concider the spiff roll out to other drugs with some kind of driving/drug lisence paraes, i realise this would create more than it solves but plese sell us puff above the counter tax the shit out of it some fok will be happy the rest will just row, drug lisencin is far far from a cure al just my pipe dream

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
To the original question, I'm missing the availability of RC's and at the start of the stash going(maybe 6 weeks ago) was feeling pretty shit and hopeless. I wasn't aware of what I'd been doing to my physical and mental health until I stopped doing it. I would say that as the weeks went by things slowly got better. On an hour to hour or day to day basis this wasn't noticeable, all I was aware of was feeling shit, but looking as the weeks go by I realise I'm beginning to feel my old self again. Not all the way there, and still with down days, but noticeably better. Maybe 1% better a day is a good marker- not enough to necessarily notice but progress nonetheless.

Anyway my advice for those who want to be clean and are suffering is to try and have a bit of optimism that it can and will get better, and also to be realistic that it'll take some time. There will be knock backs so try and be prepared and not lose heart.

And don't try and use alcohol to replace kratom or other RC's unless you can control it, I'm convinced that shit's one of the dirtiest drugs out there.
(04-08-2016, 11:28 PM)niflheim Wrote: This government's policy on drug treatment services, the focus on recovery over maintenance regardless of what the patient wants or what anyone with a qualified medical opinion believes to be best for them, and the focus on short term results have led to a large increase in the rate of mortality among opioid users.

By my estimation (using prevalence data to estimate the population size and the drug-related mortality data to estimate the rate of mortality in each death registration year), this has resulted in an extra 800 deaths in 2014, which is the most recent year for which statistics are available.

The government clearly don't care if their ideological nonsense kills drug users. It's not that they have overlooked the risks to users - they just don't give a shit.
The government banned rc,s in a way a good thing maybe but not for people who missed the boat. And as far as safety nets set up they were cut to, i have experience with it like many other people, please come forward.

No prevention is put in place to avoid death so people are forced to self medicate like myself on esa, and looking for credit from companies. 

It awful My own fault, the hospital sent me home for the third time if they had kept me in three to four days i would have been fine/stable. Like many other people i assume this happens to and wish they would speak up. 

Labour recognise whats happened to the NHS and i understand that there are people on deaths door who need treated urgently but for wds it mostly mental and anxiety, panic attacks etc. physically if you are fine you are sent home with nothing.

My community addictions team won't support me medically so i end up to sick to make appointments, and doctors claim they have no training in addiction as my calls daily i am told. This is coming off 2000mg of 
tramadol over three days and 100mg equivalent of diazepam last sunday.. Yet doctors hand out librium to alcholics daily.ive experience with my father. I hope theresa May sorts this out. We shouldn't be referred to

addictions teams were you have to wait for 2months or more and then nothing happens for more months.  What do you do self medication to function or else go cold turkey.

A h addict or kratom addict can maintain themselves till they get to were they want.
(18-08-2016, 10:39 PM)Mr Green Plant Wrote:
(04-08-2016, 11:28 PM)niflheim Wrote: This government's policy on drug treatment services, the focus on recovery over maintenance regardless of what the patient wants or what anyone with a qualified medical opinion believes to be best for them, and the focus on short term results have led to a large increase in the rate of mortality among opioid users.

The government banned rc,s in a way a good thing maybe but not for people who missed the boat. And as far as safety nets set up they were cut to, i have experience with it like many other people, please come forward.

No prevention is put in place to avoid death so people are forced to self medicate like myself on esa, and looking for credit from companies. 

It awful My own fault, the hospital sent me home for the third time if they had kept me in three to four days i would have been fine/stable. Like many other people i assume this happens to and wish they would speak up. 

Labour recognise whats happened to the NHS and i understand that there are people on deaths door who need treated urgently but for wds it mostly mental and anxiety, panic attacks etc. physically if you are fine you are sent home with nothing.

My community addictions team won't support me medically so i end up to sick to make appointments, and doctors claim they have no training in addiction as my calls daily i am told. This is coming off 2000mg of 
tramadol over three days and 100mg equivalent of diazepam last sunday.. Yet doctors hand out librium to alcholics daily.ive experience with my father. I hope theresa May sorts this out. We shouldn't be referred to

addictions teams were you have to wait for 2months or more and then nothing happens for more months.  What do you do self medication to function or else go cold turkey.

A h addict or kratom addict can maintain themselves till they get to were they want.

Mr.G.P.
Please keep on going. Stay strong. Otherwise they win.
In my own experience if your're from the "Whie-British Working Class" ethnic and social class group you are fucked by this country, with little too no support available. The Labour Party (now known as the Champange Socalist Party) in the past banked on your vote as a given. The Tories knew this scoial group would never vote for the silver spoon toffs. This resulting in fewer and fewer polices, resources and funding being channels to help this social group.

Eg. White working class child male child at school whose natural instincts are to be physically active and to be manually dexterous with their haands and not sit still in a unnatural body breaking chair for hours at a time reading being labelled as a problem child. Counciling is too expensive, so drug them up with MPH, which acts on the same receptors as cocaine, to keep them in check.

They then scratch heads as to why UK has massive cocaine issue and pay for research to show there is no link between childhood MPH use and cocaince addiction in later life (hmmmm, what prompted them to study that in the first case.... Smells like cover up to me)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter