• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fruity loops
Hell yeah, I LOVE fruity loops, took years to get learn to use it properly and get past the "fruity" sound though, tried Ableton but never got along with it, I may create an unrelated soundcloud and put up some tunes

By the way, there are NI plugins for Fruity Loops, most noteably Massive ;)

@Spam, I think FLs set up so that beginners can jump straight in and create, hence the "style ver substance," but after a long time of using it you can get past the "fruity" sound and it's a much more capable bit of software
(07-02-2013, 09:51 PM)Buzz bunny Wrote: Hey all,
Couple of months now I've been using fruity loops,getting the hang of it slowly lol
Just wondered if any other members use it.
Any of you guys or gals on sound cloud?

I've used FL studio for a couple of years, tried Reason and done a bit on Ableton too. FL is wicked. Often gets talked down as a beginners DAW but ignore that its a great bit of software for producing. I only moved to Ableton cos I wanted to mashup stuff and be 2 many DJs. Turned out I was as bad at mashing tunes as I was at writing them. Basic lack of talent. After a 5 year break I've just started again and this time I'm on Logic cos I've gone a bit mac. I'm loving making music again. It's still shit but I've got the fun back. Enjoy FL.
(15-02-2013, 09:00 AM)Wanderer Wrote: @Spam, I think FLs set up so that beginners can jump straight in and create, hence the "style ver substance," but after a long time of using it you can get past the "fruity" sound and it's a much more capable bit of software

I've got to admit it was the first software I used to start making music. (apart from Dance e-jay!)

After that I think I went on to Reason then Live, then Maschine, then all 3!
Don't want regrets, going to try my best
But I'm only a man doing what I can
And I'll go forth with these words in my hand, in my hand.
I use reason 5...well..has been an extreme hobby for a few years...only just really getting to grips with it..just got ableton so when i finish my goal of actually finishing a few more mediocre tunes(just for the sake of finishing them) ill prob spend another few years pawing at the screen like a retard till it makes sense :)

hopefully will be easy to transfer a wee bit of knowledge over....would throw up a few tunes from soundcloud but me name is on it (para..para..para) hehe... any chance of an anonymous(ish) type thread....say who you are and upload something??? without linking to another site??...just a thought...
There's No Such Thing As Madness, Only Different Degree's Of Sanity...
Used to use ejay back in my teens, have had a play around with FL for about half hour but I think I will have to spend quite a few hours on you tube tutorials to get anything out of it.
if you make any tunes make sure to post em won't ya!
IMO FL Studio is the less versatile DAW out there. Using Ableton Live is much more like when you discover an instrument by yourself, without any help. Less straightforward, MUCH less formal. MUCH more self-expression. But in the end, I always have to say that Max/MSP ftw. Beastest DAW for experimental sound designing and for improvisation. I don't need any preparation for a gig, I just bring my laptop with MSP and shittin' around.

Ofc if you want to make some nice, regular synth-pop, trance, or something like that, FL might be easier, but not much chance for real hardstyle experimenting.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter