• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flying internationally to Dublin with kratom
I am really hoping you guys can provide some answers, as every place I've tried has been either deleted by mods, or I've gotten advice I didn't ask for.

In a few months I will be flying internationally from the US to Dublin for a family function. I take kratom daily, and don't want to leave it at home. I have looked up local laws about kratom, so I'm aware of the status there. But, I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience in flying internationally with kratom to Dublin (or southern Ireland) since 2010. If you have flown recently with kratom, what have your experiences been with customs? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Well, as you say you are aware, as of 2011, the following is illegal:

“Methyl 2-[(2S,3S,12bS)-3-ethyl-8-methoxy-1,2,3,4,6,7,12,12b-octahy-droindolo[2,3a]quinolizin-2-yl]-3-methoxyprop-2-enoate (otherwise known as Mitragynine) and any product whether natural or otherwise, including any plant or plant material of any kind or description, which contains any proportion of the said substance.

So essentially you'd be smuggling an illegal, controlled, Schedule 1 substance, whether you were carrying it yourself disguised as green tea or having it delivered separately to an address for collection when you got there, which obviously can't be condoned. There are anecdotal reports of folk and packages getting through and whether kratom dogs exist is moot, but tests certainly do.

Basically, you're asking how to break the law and anyone giving you the benefit of experience would be stating in public that they'd committed a similar offence in the past. Plus, any ease or difficulty anyone else might have had entering ROI with kratom wouldn't reflect your own experience reliably. This is almost certainly what you've heard elsewhere and didn't want to hear again, but this is a law-abiding site so you understand? I certainly wouldn't travel with it.

You may want to consider uncontrolled alternatives to the course of action you are considering, which do exist.
'If you're one of those who can, make certain that you do."
(15-02-2018, 01:19 AM)AiwassATeenageKeyframe Wrote: Well, as you say you are aware, as of 2011, the following is illegal:

“Methyl 2-[(2S,3S,12bS)-3-ethyl-8-methoxy-1,2,3,4,6,7,12,12b-octahy-droindolo[2,3a]quinolizin-2-yl]-3-methoxyprop-2-enoate (otherwise known as Mitragynine) and any product whether natural or otherwise, including any plant or plant material of any kind or description, which contains any proportion of the said substance.

So essentially you'd be smuggling an illegal, controlled, Schedule 1 substance, whether you were carrying it yourself disguised as green tea or having it delivered separately to an address for collection when you got there, which obviously can't be condoned. There are anecdotal reports of folk and packages getting through and whether kratom dogs exist is moot, but tests certainly do.

Basically, you're asking how to break the law and anyone giving you the benefit of experience would be stating in public that they'd committed a similar offence in the past. Plus, any ease or difficulty anyone else might have had entering ROI with kratom wouldn't reflect your own experience reliably. This is almost certainly what you've heard elsewhere and didn't want to hear again, but this is a law-abiding site so you understand? I certainly wouldn't travel with it.

You may want to consider uncontrolled alternatives to the course of action you are considering, which do exist.

What uncontrolled alternatives could you suggest? I do understand that another person's experience may not be similar to my own. Believe me, your response is not what I've "heard elsewhere and didn't want to hear again."
Although of course it isn't the same thing, phenibut, should you be able to gain similar relief from it, is uncontrolled and unscheduled in ROI. It is illegal to import, but strangely not to possess or purchase. Acquiring phenibut upon arrival, or even having it stopped at the border having had it sent to you, presents a considerably smaller risk to yourself. In the mean time, given the timeframes, perhaps a taper of some sort might be considered with profit.
(15-02-2018, 01:47 AM)AiwassATeenageKeyframe Wrote: Although of course it isn't the same thing, phenibut, should you be able to gain similar relief from it, is uncontrolled and unscheduled in ROI. It is illegal to import, but strangely not to possess or purchase. Acquiring phenibut upon arrival, or even having it stopped at the border having had it sent to you, presents a considerably smaller risk to yourself. In the mean time, given the timeframes, perhaps a taper of some sort might be considered with profit.

If it's illegal to import, that's the same problem as kratom. Also, to your comment about asking people to admit to an illegal offense - that's what people are doing in trip reports. I'm just asking for people's experiences in the past. I realize that it wouldn't necessarily be indicative of what my potential experience is, but I'm still curious.

Also, are you aware of a field test for kratom? I haven't found any information online about one. I also haven't found any information online about arrests/seizures when travelling with personal kratom abroad. Which is precisely why I was asking about experiences here. While it wouldn't provide a good amount of broad data, it would at least provide some data (as opposed to the dearth of information resulting from self-censorship).
ROI classifies substances in different schedules. Kratom is schedule 1, the same as LSD. Phenibut is not scheduled, as I said. So no, importation of the two isn't the same and penalties differ, a lot.

Purchasing phenibut is legal. Carrying it over the border isn't.

Kratom wont show in opiate urine tests but can be confirmed outside the body IF kratom is suspected. There is a Mitragynine test, in other words.

Trip reports do not constitute any kind of conspiracy to repeat the offense in the future, which it could be argued is happening here.

Anyway, good luck.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter