• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fluclotizolam / fluklotizolam - write-up of reports from European forums
Doing the rounds in Europe is, apparently, fluclotizolam, a loose structural analogue of etizolam touted as having roughly 3x the potency (unsourced, and not otherwise specified) of etizolam, and a shorter half-life. So, before we get any flucking clots from a little too much of it, some preliminary information:

IUPAC: 4-(2-Fluorophenyl)-2-chloro-9-methyl-6H-thieno[3,2-f][1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,4]diazepine
Form(s): 0.5mg blotters, 0.5mg pellets. Mentions of 1.5mg blotters. Not widely on sale as powder, at least not yet.
Structure: Thienotriazolodiazepine (cf. etizolam, metizolam, brotizolam, &c.)
Activity: hypnotic, sedative, myorelaxant, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant; (with dose-dependent caution(s): amnestic, respiratory depressant...)

Preliminary reports from German and Swedish forums suggest that fluclotizolam is a potent hypnotic; the balance of opinion on these forums seems to gravitate towards doses in the region of 1 - 1.5mg, which are described as "knockout" doses. Caution is strongly advised at higher doses; 2mg proved to be a "blackout" dose for some researchers and an effective hypnotic dose for others. The Swiss forum EvE&Rave is the primary source for the reports I summarise below, and I am much indebted to their membership for a coherent set of research reports and a thread that proved comprehensible, even in translation. Vielen Dank, meine Herren.

Quote:Threshold activity was reported at 0.125mg, which was characterised as having a 'slightly' anxiolytic and 'moderately' sedating effect. The same researcher describes going on to consume a further quarter blotter (0.125mg) after a large meal and most of the evening, from which he could discern a 'minimal' hypnotic effect. Finding this on the weak side, he dosed the third and, soon afterwards, the fourth quarters of his blotter, reporting the cumulative effect as "very pleasant", with a hypnotic component that could no longer be dismissed as placebo.

(Source: "Substanzling" (2017) Fluclotizolam in forum EvE&Rave - Das Schweizer Drogenforum. Web: https://eve-rave.ch/Forum/viewtopic.php?...5#p1633996 [in German]. Accessed: 16th March 2018.)

The summary reports of doses in the 0.5 - 2mg range are almost best left as machine-translated English for the sheer comedy value, but, out of regard for the efforts of my German-speaking counterparts, and concern for respectably faithful translations of reports on novel psychoactive substances, I've taken care of some idioms and colloquialisms.

Quote:I have recently researched it again completely without background tolerance after a somewhat "longer" break, think 3 months or thereabouts.

0.5mg - Super sleep aid if you just want to get a bit wasted; not too soporific and a bit dull.
1mg - If you can lie down and relax, it'll knock you out pretty quickly, for me at least.
1.5mg - Out like a light, I didn't even notice how much I was falling asleep, really sexy* bodily sensations if I stayed awake.
2mg - Knockout, blackout strangely enough. After a few days, it was over and I could remember everything again, but it was a bit too much for me, albeit a great experience.

These are my experiences; 2mg was the last dose sampled**, and at some elapsed time from the other three.

(Source: "Schemenhaft" (2018) Fluclotizolam in forum EvE&Rave - Das Schweizer Drogenforum. Web: https://eve-rave.ch/Forum/viewtopic.php?...0#p1671906 [in German]. Accessed: 16th March 2018.)

Translator's note:

* The German 'geiles' (lit. horny, randy) is used colloquially with the meanings of 'wicked' or 'cool' and was preceded by an amplifying adverb; the possible English translations range from 'very cool' right through to 'absolutely horny'. The denoted meaning is 'pleasurable', rather than 'libidinous' per se, as it hinges on 'if I don't go to bed'. By connotation, however, the meaning in contect is identical to the colloquial or figurative uses of the term 'sexy' in English; I have chosen to preserve both the connotations and the ambiguity of the original German in preference to 'cool', an under-translation, or the assumptions necessary to translating it as 'randy'.

** The original is 'letzte' (last, latest, final, ultimate); 2mg was 'the last'. Beyond that it was the last of the four assays reported, and presumably the latest consumed, the original text does not specify whether it was the last of what the researcher possessed (inferred), the last dose increment that he cared to sample (implied), or the last of his interest in fluclotizolam (impertinent). As he refers to the elapsed time between bioassays, I have taken the most coherent option and the one that requires the fewest assumptions.

The inevitable comparison with etizolam is summarised thusly by Shugari:

Quote:Fluclotizolam and etizolam have rather different effects profiles! Etizolam can also be used very functionally (with correct dosage), whereas fluclotizolam is more of an intoxicant, such as clonazolam or flubromazolam. Without tolerance, 1mg fluclotizolam is perfect for a very relaxed evening on the couch. Everything about it works fast; without a benzo tolerance or extensive experience, it's very hypnotic and you'll be asleep right away.

(Source: "Shugari" (2018) Fluclotizolam in forum EvE&Rave - Das Schweizer Drogenforum. Web: https://eve-rave.ch/Forum/viewtopic.php?...0#p1673197 [in German]. Accessed: 16th March 2018.)

Summary

My reading of the aggregated verdicts of half a dozen researchers is that fluclotizolam seems, almost universally, to have been hailed as an effective hypnotic; this does not seem at all surprising, given that it's a fluorinated derivative of etizolam. It seemed to be fairly positively received, with the caveat that the researchers did not go so far as to prefer it, qualitatively, over etizolam and/or flunitrazolam. In line with expectations, fluclotizolam was not considered to be more potent, as a hypnotic, than flunitrazolam; the two were said to be in the same ballpark but, also commensurate with expectations, fluclotizolam was felt to be shorter/faster acting than flunitrazolam (it would be) and perhaps not quite as subjectively pleasant/nice/rewarding. It seems to have been better received than deschloroetizolam, metizolam or other RC thienotriazolodiazepenes (not that that's saying much) and the balance of opinion would seem to be that it has its uses for a short-acting hypnotic. One could see it becoming popular in jurisdictions where etizolam is scheduled (with an obligatory note that, in Britain, any designer benzo/triazolodiazepene not already scheduled as class C falls under the provisions of the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016).

It's an interesting development; the research chemical markets have seen hordes of fluorinated triazolobenzodiazepenes while, to the best of my knowledge, fluclotizolam is the first fluorinated thienotriazolodiazepene to have been made available on a commercial basis. It's interesting, on some level, for that reason alone, and would seem to be an at least relatively sane development, in the scheme of these things. After about six months in the wild, there seem to be few reports of any adverse effects; the amnestic potential is dose-dependent, and there seem to be no reports of obscene or protracted tolerance. In summary, it would seem to be a fine addition to the European market, but not necessarily a great advance over etizolam.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter