• 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Flubromazolam (NOT flubromazepam)
I'm glad they're around even if just for comedowns and helping with panics and anxiety in trips. I never trip without a benzo or two nearby.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
I totally agree with your statement they are so handy and extremely useful at the right times. I still stick with my statement though of hoping for a ban, just from sheer first hand experience of watching the dark side of benzos.
Please read the site rules Here

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
Not to be all 'F the NHS/Government' but in a way I am glad they are available as most people know how insanely hard it is to get Benzo's scripted in the UK. They are great to keep around, when I was going through a particularly bad bout of anxiety they were a god send.

I wouldn't like to see a ban personally but I understand what you mean regarding the severity of withdrawal and how readily available they are.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society.  If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.  ~P.J. O'Rourke
(13-08-2014, 10:50 AM)mr blod Wrote: I totally agree with your statement they are so handy and extremely useful at the right times. I still stick with my statement though of hoping for a ban, just from sheer first hand experience of watching the dark side of benzos.

Two points Mr B. How many RCs will be left after the tryptamine/Lysergic TCDO?- not many.Did you see the latest Alcohol casualty figures? 1.2 million hospital admissions in the last year counted. Knowing people who have gone through Alcohol detoxes they are as bad as benzo withdrawals without the option of a slow taper. So we have two drugs that if abused cause terrible misery and many people slowly drift into Alcoholism and are not even aware because its legitimate,cheap and acceptable. Yet if used correctly are a great tool. Anyone accessing this forum is warned contstantly about the evils of benzos. Am i right in thinking you like a tipple or three yourself Mr B. Now imagine i started to espouse the prohibition of Alcohol because there are Alcoholics. You would be indignant that someone was trying to stop you enjoying a drink. Believe me the number of Benzodiazepine hospital admissions and cost to society is a not even able to be expressed as a percentage of that of Alcohol as such because its way less than one hundreth. Banning RC benzos would have 0 effect on the black market/darknet scene where a bewildering array are available. By the way most people i know have never heard of Etizolam etc but buy black market Diaz/Temaz/Alpraz etc etc. It will solve nothing and penalise the legitimate users and drive RC benzo users to the black market. Pynazolam and Pyeazolam are i thought a CW thing and its likely these that will be appearing, although Flubromazolam sounds more interesting. Have a read of accounts of Alcohol withdrawals Mr B. I don't think you have taken many benzos or suffer from severe anxiety. I used to drink 3-4 litres of Merrydown cider 3 or 4 times a week for about 6-7 years and if i hadn't discovered other things like stimulants would probably be an Alcoholic now. So its a balanced view. Ban them and believe me there are organised gangs smuggling in millions of benzos, it will barely create a ripple beyond bitching on here.
Acetly I'd give you a rep for that but apparently I've already maxed out today. Maybe tomorrow if I remember.

I agree with your point entirely, benzos absolutely have a danger and educating people on the correct harm reduction methods is vital, but to say you wish they were banned because they can be abused is like saying alcohol should be banned because there are alcoholics. This analogy is actually perfect because the withdrawals from alcohol and benzos are virtually identical. In fact in severe cases doctors do treat alcoholism using benzo tapers.

And while I do try to only use them as an aid for tripping nowadays benzos have helped me work through anxiety in the past and may very well do so in the future. The NHS under-prescribes benzos so it's not like I can get these from a doctor nowadays. But I buy only in small amounts and use them carefully and have never felt withdrawals in the year or so I've been buying them. I've been stupid once or twice but learnt my lesson quickly and moved on. Even when I was stupid I never became addicted.

I understand not everyone can make those claims, but not everyone can make those claims of alcohol either. That is no reason to call for a ban instead of sensible harm reduction.
Just repped him on your behalf, awesome post.
Cheers man.
I don't disagree with pretty much anything you are saying. The benefits of helping end a bad trip or aid now and again when sleep is impossible are well known and sometimes invaluable. I dont think they are evil just very easy to find more and more useful without even noticing it.

You make very valid points about alcohol, yes i like many others enjoy a drink but i am fortunate enough to have only have one friend who it ever became a problem for. I know many more abuse it and it is a huge problem financially for the NHS and generally health wise.

My main point here is that since etiz appeared we have had so many members that have fallen into benzo hell. Just to illustrate a point lolcat has written of his experience today, this is not the first or last we will hear of. As admins/mods we hear more than shown on the forum (and try to help people as best we can remotely) as not everyone wants their plight made public.

I also agree they will then shift to a black market, so maybe instead of a ban maybe we should be hoping for more research into benzos and better controls. I really dont have all the answers, i know you guys have control, i am merely trying to convey my feelings and experiences as a Mod here of the dark side of benzos.
Please read the site rules Here

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
I have said before Etizolam are worse than the other three put together. There aren't many posts on Pyraz or Diclaz addiction. They are super potent, as euphoric as a benzo can be and short acting which is a bad combination. I only use them as occasional treats and am well aware they are the bad boys of the benzos, right up there with Temazepam. It would perhaps not be the worst thing if they went, despite me enjoying them and lets move on to some more interesting and less destructive examples but make no mistake ban or not Etizolam are in the UK for good.
i doubt etiz will be on the black market after a ban. maybe, but sold as diaz. 

im yet to hear of etiz outside of here/my close friends.
Hood Hippy word

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter