One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Pulp Fiction
My top 5 at the moment
Airplane
Blazing Saddles
Love,Honour & Obey
A Knights Tale
One in the Pink ... One in the Stink
Some great films,including airport,blazzing,clockwork,animal house..etc...nice choice's.... cant believe know-one has mentioned H.S.T though,and Fear And Loathing!!!...possibly the best transcript from book to film!!...bar the one chapter hehe :)

I may be younger then alot on the forum(ish) but this was my bible for a time....no joking but ive probably seen this over 300 times....(a bit sad and repetitive i know but what else were we to do while skipping school and tripping/smoking/reading!!!)...also spent a summer demented throwing it on as i fell asleep after session's every night...think it was the soothing/sinister replica of hunters voice that lulled me into unconsciousness!!!

Anywho.....

I've also spent some time falling asleep to "Waking Life"....great sleepy thinking type thing.
There's No Such Thing As Madness, Only Different Degree's Of Sanity...
Freddy got fingered.
All of the underworld flick's.
The Bourne Trilogy
ANY carry on film LoL
"Sending this one out to nasa, mission control to pete tong...,

[email protected]
Bio-dome...for the craic...watched it loads years ago!!!

also cant believe i didnt think of it,but any monty python!!!
There's No Such Thing As Madness, Only Different Degree's Of Sanity...
  • Into the West
  • The Matrix
  • Meet me in St Louis
  • Kill Bill (Vol 1)
This.....is real life
(22-02-2013, 05:30 AM)tralala Wrote:
  • Into the West
  • The Matrix
  • Meet me in St Louis
  • Kill Bill (Vol 1)

OMFG!! One of my favourite films is on youtube!!
I haven't seen it since my ex mother-in-law borrowed my dvd (then probably burnt it) a good few years ago.
If you fancy a good come-down weepy, this is the one!

This.....is real life
The big Lebowski.
I can't believe no one's said this yet - The Naked Gun

All three of them. I would extend this to include all Leslie Nielsen films as well as the Police Squad TV series, but this is the film section, and imo, The Naked Gun 33 1/3 ... ( the one where Frank infiltrates an award ceremony ) ... is a comedy masterpiece. Everything from the tac sharp timing, through to the make-up and cinematography, every scene is shot like a fine painting crafted from what ever brand of rubber it is they used to make Leslie so stretchy. The film is shot so professionally that every surface looks the same texture of freshly talc'd rubber. Here's a fun game: try and guess throughout the film, which surfaces (tables, cars, ears) are going to be elasticated before it happens... it can't be done! And it's that degree of genius that keeps you guessing through the whole production.

As well, it's got to be said that you could lose all of those things, and re-shoot the film to be a series of posters that only contain Leslie Nielsen's face, and you'd still have a hit movie.

We had Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello and Leslie Anne Neilsen.

Shine on you crazy diamond... RIP
In no particular order and no doubt missing loads.......

Clockwork Orange
The Wickerman (original)
The Matrix
Donnie Darko
Pans Labyrinth
Nightmare Before Christmas
Its A Wonderful Life
Any Pink Panther film
PeeWees Big Adventure
Alice in Wonderland
Alice - a film by Jan Svankmajer , if you like Alice in Wonderland you might like to watch this.
Full Metal Jacket
Apocalypse Now
The Wizard of Oz
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
House of Flying Daggers
“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”said Alice

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter