• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ephedra Sinica (Ma Huang)
I sampled this earlier in the week, and found that it was indeed psychoactive, albeit in a fairly mild sense.

Wikipedia describes it thus:

Quote:"Ephedra sinica (also known as Chinese ephedra or Ma Huang) is a plant species native to Mongolia, Russia (Buryatiya, Chita, Primorye), and northeastern China. Ephedra is a medicinal preparation from the plant Ephedra sinica.[1] Several additional species belonging to the genus ephedra have traditionally been used for a variety of medicinal purposes, and are a possible candidate for the Soma plant of Indo-Iranian religion.[2] It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2,000 years"

and

Quote:"Of the six ephedrine-type ingredients found in ephedra (at concentrations of 0.02-3.4%), the most common are ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. The stimulant and thermogenic effects of Ephedra sinica and other ephedra species are due to the presence of the alkaloids ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. These compounds stimulate the brain, increase heart rate, constrict blood vessels (increasing blood pressure), and expand bronchial tubes (making breathing easier). Their thermogenic properties cause an increase in metabolism, as evidenced by an increase in body heat"

Ephedra Sinica is traditionally consumed as a tea. With this in mind I simply boiled my kettle and poured the water on to the powdered plant, making an average sized cup. How much powder? The following seems to be quoted in a number of places on the net:

Quote:"So, Ephedra tea requires between 0.5 – 2.5 grams of Ephedra tea preparation per person on average to start feeling any effect at all. And the maximum dosage should never exceed 3 – 7.5 grams per person on average"

I went for 2.5g.

I waited for it to cool and then sipped it for the next 20 mins. Effects came on after about another 10-15 mins reaching a peak at around 2 hours and a plateau for maybe 4 hours.

There was a definite stimulant effect, and nothing like caffeine. More similar to the sort of stim consumed on here, but much milder. An increase in focus was also there, and maybe a tiny hint of euphoria, but certainly very mild. Maybe a bit of a jittery feel at times, perhaps due to increased heart rate.

I tried to have a nap after 6 or so hours, but no joy. Amost certainly down to the tea.

I found this to be a pretty decent experience overall. Totally functional of course, and it certainly enhanced alertness on a day on which I was pretty tired. Slight concern about the heart rate comments around but overall an enjoyably albeit mild experience.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
I found it to be quite tachychardic (if thats a word) when consumed at levels equivalent to a couple of ephedrine tabs. I'd go careful with this. Good pick me up though.
Ive Purchased sinica and made my own caps, Yup deffinatly a positive result, But its not something for recreation, Could be good for energy and focus, i found it most useful on a hangover or when i was feeling ill just to bring me back round to the cognitive world. One for the medicine cabinet.

(26-03-2016, 11:37 AM)6dream Wrote: So, Ephedra tea requires between 0.5 – 2.5 grams of Ephedra tea preparation per person on average to start feeling any effect at all. And the maximum dosage should never exceed 3 – 7.5 grams per person on average"

Question about boiling herbals 6dream as you seem to know enough, not entirly ephedra based but in part. Are there benefits to boiling this and also, more specifically Kratom? I dont see how boiling alone in water will incresae the overall alkaloid content of each plant.for things like poppy straw tea the addition of lemon juice is known to convert some ofthe weaker alkaloids but in a plain water boil all i can see is happening is it perhaps breaking down the cellulose therefore leading to a quicker onset but not overall increase in alkaloids.

Basicly if you can could you settled a bet, my friend believes that kratom boiled releases more alkaloids where as i see the body being happy enough to extract all the alkoids itself in due course. Fanks xx

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
Be carefull with this stuff all. I remember quite a few years ago when herbal supplements just started to make the rounds at gnc, supermarkets etc,  A pro baseball player died as a direct result of using effedra. He was on my homeown team and was supposed to have a decent career in baseball.
   Even though its a plant if you over exert yourself on this stuff the concequences may be dire. 
Peace,
Nugz ✌

I would be intersted if ther is a tek to extract the pseudoephedrine from the plant material that is relitivly easy. If that is allowed to be discussed in this forum im not shure.
love the world and it will love you back. chin
Theres a couple of teks for ephedra, Rhodium could be a good start, i assume im allowed to say that, rhodium is abit like a user contributed P/Tickal

Great, got myself reading Fester now

Try everything twice Because who knows, you might have got it wrong the first time

C
(26-03-2016, 12:46 PM)Borderline Wrote: Ive Purchased sinica and made my own caps, Yup deffinatly a positive result, But its not something for recreation, Could be good for energy and focus, i found it most useful on a hangover or when i was feeling ill just to bring me back round to the cognitive world. One for the medicine cabinet.

(26-03-2016, 11:37 AM)6dream Wrote: So, Ephedra tea requires between 0.5 – 2.5 grams of Ephedra tea preparation per person on average to start feeling any effect at all. And the maximum dosage should never exceed 3 – 7.5 grams per person on average"

Question about boiling herbals 6dream as you seem to know enough, not entirly ephedra based but in part. Are there benefits to boiling this and also, more specifically Kratom? I dont see how boiling alone in water will incresae the overall alkaloid content of each plant.for things like poppy straw tea the addition of lemon juice is known to convert some ofthe weaker alkaloids but in a plain water boil all i can see is happening is it perhaps breaking down the cellulose therefore leading to a quicker onset but not overall increase in alkaloids.

Basicly if you can could you settled a bet, my friend believes that kratom boiled releases more alkaloids where as i see the body being happy enough to extract all the alkoids itself in due course. Fanks xx

It's not the boiling specifically I find, but more the infusion of the material into the hot water, as you state there. If solids rather than powder, I tend to stir repeatedly and almost pulverize to extract the alkaloids as effectively as possible.

Kratom is another issue, as frankly find the taste to be absolutely revolting, indeed, vomit inducing. On the exceptionally rare occasions I sample, I just get the stuff down my neck as quickly as possible. Yuk. I'm definitely not the man to settle your bet on this one I'm afraid.  blink
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
deleted by myself post, I'm sorry
send me
Interesting that 'mormon tea' is an Ephedrine containing plant, bet they weren't complaining in what is the stupidest restriction ever. Banning one mild stimulant bearing plant for one that contains a much stronger upper. Ephedrine can still be legally bought aslong as the amount of Ephedrine or PseudoEphedrine bought does not exceed a certain amount, designed to thrawrt Meth production rather than to discourage Ephedrine use. Its definitely more of a get things done buzz or banish fatigue if insufficient sleep attained thing than worth taking for the buzz. For that reason its good for practical use as upping the dose beyond a certain point tends to induce anxiety and jitteryness above any pleasure. Old formula Sudafed contains PseudoEphedrine and Do-Do tablets available online ( well were around 3 months ago ) contain Ephedrine. Used to get mine imported from Canada in 8mg pellets and its surprisingly potent. 40mg in a morning used to get me moving after alate night but its only active for around 4-5 hours and fades quickly so no residual issues. If a full day's work is required a secondary dose is definitely required. Have heard Ephedra are not particularly plesant tasting so unless a stimulant dose is needed there is no point in taking unlike Tea or Coffee which to me are both pleasant tasting beverages. Might become more popular once the RC stims go but its not really one for taking on a night out.
(16-04-2016, 07:03 PM)acetlyblue Wrote: Interesting that 'mormon tea' is an Ephedrine containing plant, bet they weren't complaining in what is the stupidest restriction ever. Banning one mild stimulant bearing plant for one that contains a much stronger upper. Ephedrine can still be legally bought aslong as the amount of Ephedrine or PseudoEphedrine bought does not exceed a certain amount, designed to thrawrt Meth production rather than to discourage Ephedrine use. Its definitely more of a get things done buzz or banish fatigue if insufficient sleep attained thing than worth taking for the buzz. For that reason its good for practical use as upping the dose beyond a certain point tends to induce anxiety and jitteryness above any pleasure. Old formula Sudafed contains PseudoEphedrine and Do-Do tablets available online ( well were around 3 months ago ) contain Ephedrine. Used to get mine imported from Canada in 8mg pellets and its surprisingly potent. 40mg in a morning used to get me moving after alate night but its only active for around 4-5 hours and fades quickly so no residual issues. If a full day's work is required a secondary dose is definitely required. Have heard Ephedra are not particularly plesant tasting so unless a stimulant dose is needed there is no point in taking unlike Tea or Coffee which to me are both pleasant tasting beverages. Might become more popular once the RC stims go but its not really one for taking on a night out.
You can still get ephedrine if you know where to look, in the form of ECA capsules (30mg ephedrine, 200-250mg caffeine + 50mg asprin). Bodybuilding shops usually stock them.
Do-Do tabs contain it but have only seen online. Pretty easy to buy but a lower dose tab would be better. Sure i read its a bit heavy on the Cardiovascular so keep use sensible. Handy for early starts after late nights but if a full days work lies ahead a redose is needed fades quickly after 4-5 H

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter