• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Drug decision-making PhD questionnaire- only takes 15 minutes (UK residents only)
Hi,
My name is Lucy and I am a PhD student at the Public Health Institute at Liverpool John Moores University. I am currently looking for participants to complete my online questionnaire: ‘Understanding the importance of different factors associated with drug use decision-making’. The questionnaire includes a couple of demographic questions and questions relating to which features of drugs influence decisions to use. Additionally, the study will ask you to choose hypothetical products in order to establish the importance of drug attributes.

Participants must be aged between 18 and 35, must have used any drug recreationally in the past five years to be eligible to take part in the study and must be UK residents only. The study is completely confidential, voluntary and anonymous. The questionnaire will only take 15 minutes and is easy to complete.

Full ethical approval has been approved from the LJMU research ethics committee.

To complete the survey please click the link below:
https://dsc5620.sawtoothsoftware.com/6qp...6qpxCD4xT2

If you have any further questions please email me at: [email protected] or if you wish to find out more about the study please visit the site: http://wallisphd.weebly.com/

Your participation will be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Lucy
Looks at relative impact of different data sources and how cost, availability, effects and potential harms influence decisions to consume drugs.
Second half is slightly odd tabulated decision tree asking about cannabis/mdma/lsd/ketamine-like drugs, rather than using categories like psychedelics/cannabis/dissociatives/sedatives etc.
No doubt it makes sense to Lucy.
Took five minutes.

Respondents may wish to be aware that Lucy has a Masters Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice, if you're wondering the angle from which she's approaching this.

Here.

"The proposed study research will involve the creation of hypothetical NPS with different attributes and attribute levels. Choices will be analysed by asking participants to compare these stimulated NPS to illicit drugs (or other well established NPS) by ranking the attributes. Attributes will relate to the core features of the redefined diffusion of innovations model but may also include different levels of price, purity, quality and legal status. Although NPS use is relatively low among the general population; reported and potential harms and risks of use are still worthy of investigation, and effective responses are a policy priority. Gaining an understanding of the factors which determine the diffusion of NPS and differentiating between them will provide an insight into emerging drug use markets and behaviours, and provide evidence which may be useful in formulating appropriate policy, preventative, and harm reduction responses."

Lucy, you mean simulated. How are you going to simulate something you know nothing about? Also, what you're doing isn't even A-level standard. There is no way this is part of a PhD. If you want to hypothesize NPS and different 'attribute levels' you need a bit more understanding than this, I'm afraid. At the moment, you are a prime example of the kind of people who shouldn't be involved in policy decisions. Also, quality and purity are the same thing. Good luck.
"The depth of research that binds the pages together is amazing and enlightening to all but the most intellectual of readers. It's a light hearted read, but dark and brooding. Recommended for anyone ready to get their teeth into something tasty."
I'm a little put out about the age limit, I must say
This.....is real life
Aww, tra, I think we're all too old for it. Truth is, though, 'policy' of this sort is targeted at an age range of about 11 - 17, so there's no point in surveying anyone who might be rational!
These survey type questionnaires are usually designed to elicit particular results to suit a purpose..

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter