• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Done with drugs and I mean it well kind of .SSRI help please
Starting prozac 3.5 months ago was probably one of the best and most contstructive things ive done in years.

Its been 2 years since I stopped RCs after 2-3 years on and off and I can tell you prozac is starting to bring colour back to my life. I thought I would have recovered after 24 months but I simply was suffering.

I was very anti SSRI because of the horror stories online but the fact is only the people who have issuee with them moan online
Bupropion is not available on the NHS for depression unfortunately. It is only prescribed for helping people to quit smoking and even then only rarely. You can import it legally as it's an uncontrolled POM but you won't be getting a proper prescription in the UK unless you use a private doctor.

SSRIs, SNRIs, and a handful of atypical anti-depressants like the previously mentioned mirtazapine will be your choice for depression treatment on the NHS.

For anxiety they can additionally prescribe pregabalin which can be highly effective but also highly addictive very similar to benzos so be careful if you're given it because most doctors don't seem to warn people about it. Some of the side effects can also be funky but I won't let my personal experience discourage you from what may very well be helpful medication. Just remember to treat it like an addictive drug that builds tolerance and dependence because that's exactly what it is.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
(31-12-2015, 10:16 PM)the.piper Wrote: I don't like the fact that there is still people receiving the second dodgy batch, even from the vendor I trusted most regarding this material. I was just about to place an order too....

(03-01-2016, 03:54 PM)Drum Wrote: Starting prozac 3.5 months ago was probably one of the best and most contstructive things ive done in years.

Its been 2 years since I stopped RCs after 2-3 years on and off and I can tell you prozac is starting to bring colour back to my life. I thought I would have recovered after 24 months but I simply was suffering.

I was very anti SSRI because of the horror stories online but the fact is only the people who have issuee with them moan online

Glad it is helping you .I was on prozac a few years and it made me very happy ,but I think it also made me manic so I stopped taking it, but I know of many people who have had no problems with it .
Buspirone works very well for anxiety I have never been prescribed pregabalin but buspar is very effective. It works when you want it to, no blood concentration levels that some drugs can take a week or more to work. No side effects at all.
Wow the NHS has really got you guys by the balls aye? The fact that you can't get a well known and proven effective antidepressant like bupiron for treating depression. If the drug works use it right? And hell you might want to quit smoking at the same time. Utter bullshit. I can go to a doctor tell him my symptoms tell him what worked before and what hasn't and get prescribed what I ask for. If someone wants to give me abilify instead of bupiron I tell them I have been on it before and the side effects suck and they give me bupiron. Your docs are archaic in there practices

And I have to agree with the above post prozac made me really manic. But so did zoloft and any other ssri its like being on a roller coaster of highs and lows then just exploding. Bupiron solved that np.
love the world and it will love you back. chin
I took 150mg (Bupropion) wellbutrin XL daily for 2 months and can say that prozac a been much more effective in terms of improving depressive symptoms. Bupropion Simply acted as a mild stimulant and infact changed my personality ; I became less tollerable with people and argued alot....
(04-01-2016, 06:26 PM)Drum Wrote: I took 150mg (Bupropion) wellbutrin XL daily for 2 months and can say that prozac a been much more effective in terms of improving depressive symptoms. Bupropion Simply acted as a mild stimulant and infact changed my personality ; I became less tollerable with people and argued alot....

I had that with Prozac, after one or two ''good months'' I got antisocial, couldn't sleep at night (so I slept during day), no sex drive, I was a completely empty zombie these were lost months, lost time... got hyperactive phases, no appetite, I was looking like a craving junky... Mirtazapine was better tolerable, less side effects, good (and maybe to  long ) sleep, increased appetite (I had to regain weight), but I found myself back once I left SSRI, shit drugs.

Everyone on antidepressant(s) told me to find witch will work for me, but you don't know until many weeks if it's working and if it vault all the side effects (they come on faster than the benefits).

@loveetypestuff How are you for now?

All good.
Freedom is something you have to fight for, or it slowly leaves humanity'soul. 
I would avoid lyrica pregabalin like the plague it completely alters brain chemistry and is one hell of a drug to come off. I can only speak from experience from abusing the drug though. 

I always turn down ssri,s i don't like them although they have saved millions. To me its just another drug to withdraw from. Whatever your coming off your brain will eventually balance itself out and exercise is proven as the best anti depressant on earth as long as you are physically up to it.

I tried while I was withdrawing and it made me worse, its for something for when you recover from whatever it is your recovering from. I,m not a doc though so can't speak professionally as i know some people do need them. I may need them.

Theres a book called Spark which proves the antidepressant effects of exercise on the mind. I,m dying to do it but i,m to skinny, and not eating enough yet to try. I did but wasn't ready for it and lost half a stone. I was also getting know rush, benefits from it because my dopamine was just not working. You know when your ready for it.

I know a good friend has benefited from antidepressants and theres so damned many. Some work some don't for each individual. Then there are TCA which i don't understand about to much. Your mind will recover itself it just takes such a long time you've just got to put trust in it. Theres no harm in trying them though if you strongly believe. Mirtazipine knocked me for six, thats the only one i tried for a considerable length of time. I used to love the feeling after a good run, i don't get that at this present time. When i was down it always helped my mental state. I need to get to that place again.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter