• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Donations to the forum
A bank transfer  is the best way for us to keep everything in one place and mucxh less hassle, no one is forcing anyone to donate anyting the offer was put out there for people who might be inclined to help costs arent huge at present but if the site keeps growing the way it s we will have to upgrade our hosting package.  the money donated will only eve go back into the forum to make it better but I cant keep doing it on my forever, there are two thousand members and so far two people have donated....
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

(16-08-2013, 10:11 PM)lolwat Wrote: Isn't too tricky dude, nothing beyond your capabilities I'm sure hehe :)

Just bank transfers are a bit of a bitch to deal with really :\ Just think that little bit of effort could make ease of donations simpler for the masses!

PayPal (and other e-payment providers) have some unwanted fee's on your ends, and they also kinda don't like anybody in this scene, they lock BOTH parties accounts.
Shame, wasn't aware that the rules were that strict as to prohibit donations for community based and non service/product providing sites. I have used previously for example, Erowid who PayPal for donations.
It is a bit too much hassle though if it's a gray area, enquiring directly with PayPal to determine the exact regulations they uphold in this situation...

Will keep this thread in mind for the future :)
(16-08-2013, 11:13 PM)lolwat Wrote: Shame, wasn't aware that the rules were that strict as to prohibit donations for community based and non service/product providing sites. I have used previously for example, Erowid who PayPal for donations.
It is a bit too much hassle though if it's a gray area, enquiring directly with PayPal to determine the exact regulations they uphold in this situation...

Will keep this thread in mind for the future :)

erowid are an established organization/foundation.  we're simply a forum at the moment.
True point. Another additional avenue of potential could be a bitcoin address for donations, for those who wish to perhaps err remain a little more private regarding their transaction. Although this wouldn't really be simple on your end :x
Duly donated thru faster payments.
(17-08-2013, 03:51 AM)lolwat Wrote: True point. Another additional avenue of potential could be a bitcoin address for donations, for those who wish to perhaps err remain a little more private regarding their transaction. Although this wouldn't really be simple on your end :x

I've already bought this up with Blod and the rest of the staff before.
It's very simple to implement our end, but some of the other staff don't know how this bitcount hoo-haa works.
Many thanks to the people who have donated to the forum recently.  I'd like to make an award for people who have donated which will show on their profile however i can only add it to the profile if i know who you are, please can you pm me with your preference as to whether you would like to remain anonymous or when you donate to the forum use your forum name (as some of you have already done) as a reference. Once again many many thanks!
[Image: 6wC70Pw.png]

Please implement Bitcoin donations!!

It's really not that hard to set up, if you're worried about the volatility of the bitcoin value you can use bitpay.com to convert into £££ instantly. I think they charge a 1% fee.

Do this and I promise a decent sized BTC donation!
You can also use bips.me. They do not charge anything for processing your payments and they convert and send it to your bank or to a wallet what ever you prefer.
http://www.Research-Blotz.com
Code: UKCR = 15% off

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter