Poll: Which are you out of the following?
This poll is closed.
Heavy Tobacco Smoker
18.18%
40 18.18%
Light Tobacco Smoker
23.64%
52 23.64%
Social Smoker
10.45%
23 10.45%
e-Cigarette smoker
15.91%
35 15.91%
Quit Smoking
19.55%
43 19.55%
Never Smoked Tobacco
12.27%
27 12.27%
Total 220 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you smoke Tobacco? UKCR Poll
(07-11-2012, 05:58 PM)Johnnyh Wrote: Smoked about 20 a day for 25 years, just having a go at stopping now.
5 weeks in and not too bad, took a month off the RC's, had my first apb dose today, few cravings but didn't give in.
Bit cheesy but the Allen Carr book is quite good, just points out what a shit drug to get addicted to it is.

I have read that book and it did help a lot.. I done this before the first time I gave up.. I think my problem is that I don't really want to give up though. The mindset it puts you in is good, and makes it much easier to defeat that little monster.

I have a horrible feeling my lack of smoking recently is only down to the fact it's been freezing outside and I won't smoke indoors though.

I find smoking 3 of the herbal blends prob cuts out 10 backy(GVS) rollups

Then backy tastes shit,which is a good thing.They should consider that before any ban.I wouldn't give a shit if they banned tobacco and made all synthetics blends kosher again.
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all

(07-11-2012, 06:35 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 05:58 PM)Johnnyh Wrote: Smoked about 20 a day for 25 years, just having a go at stopping now.
5 weeks in and not too bad, took a month off the RC's, had my first apb dose today, few cravings but didn't give in.
Bit cheesy but the Allen Carr book is quite good, just points out what a shit drug to get addicted to it is.

I have read that book and it did help a lot.. I done this before the first time I gave up.. I think my problem is that I don't really want to give up though. The mindset it puts you in is good, and makes it much easier to defeat that little monster.

I have a horrible feeling my lack of smoking recently is only down to the fact it's been freezing outside and I won't smoke indoors though..

That's why I always failed to give up, I enjoyed it. The book also points out that you don't really enjoy any of it, from forcing yourself to start to leaving your mates chatting in a warm pub so you can go and stand outside on your own in the cold for 7 minutes for no benefit.
Something seems to have clicked this time, then comes Xmas party season........!
The sun don't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round.
(07-11-2012, 06:35 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote: I think my problem is that I don't really want to give up though.

..must be almost impossible to quit when you don't want to..
I started smoking when I was 15 - I enjoyed smoking. It wasn't because I wanted to be the big rebel, or I wanted to be cool, it's because I enjoyed the nicotine hit and I enjoyed the smell of tobacco smoke. I became addicted quickly and continued to enjoy every cigarette I smoked for the next 22 years! Every-single-one!

Anyway, beginning of this year, I decided to quit for the third time - not because I didn't enjoy it any more - because I wanted to save money and I wanted to get healthy. Mainly to save money! I could save £50 a week - f**k yeah! I went to the nurse at the docs and got a course of patches. And that was that! I surprised how easy it was. Third time lucky! Each time previously I'd found it a nightmare and only lasted a couple of weeks. This time I did it easily! Maybe it was just the right place/right time kinda thing.

Anyway, my advice for you guys who love your stims and your psychedelics and how these drugs change/heighten your perceptions and appreciation of life is to get-off-the-cigs because they numb the F**k out of your senses. When you're a long time smoker, you've no idea how all your senses have been dumbed down compared to non-smokers around you. You live in a grey world compared to those around you. And cigs stress you out by keeping you in a constant state of withdrawal. They're like little sticks of anxiety pre-cursor.

Try! try to quit smoking. That's all you need to do. Apparently, it can take a good few times before you're successful, so start now and get those unsuccessful times out of the way. Then one day you'll try again and you'll be like, "fuckin' 'ell, it's a piece of piss this time." Or you might do it straight away and have no probs.

I'll never say that I didn't enjoy smoking, I loved it. I'll never say that I wish I smoked again, I love not smoking!

Good luck to all you peeps who decide to quit!
..well done for stopping soma.. it is an achievement.. I know what you mean though, once you have the right head on it's not actually difficult to do.. I loved smoking but I really love not smoking too..
(07-11-2012, 07:13 PM)Mango Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 06:35 PM)Br0kenRabbit Wrote: I think my problem is that I don't really want to give up though.

..must be almost impossible to quit when you don't want to..

I want to quit for health reasons but enjoy smoking.. I have smoked since I was 12 and am worried it must have done some serious damage. Since just cutting down to around 4 smokes a day for a few days some of the shit I have coughed up was nasty.. some of it looked alive.
(07-11-2012, 10:43 AM)Feed Wrote: 25-30 rollies every day (Drum), no filter. Almost 25g (£7) every day. More when I'm drinking (which is often).

25g a day? damn son. Stop smoking with longs!
Used to smoke, always loved it, then I moved overseas to a hot country and if started to feel like a chore. I got an e-cig and immeditely decided it tasted better. So one day I just didn't buy any more smokes.

Two or three months down the line I put down the e-cig too, and I don't miss any of it. Still like a cigar about once a month though...

The only downside to quitting was the ability to smell the office loos. Yuck. Never realised before how bad it was!
Normal day I'll smoke 3 fags - JPS rollies with a menthol filter. I prefer straights (Richmond Menthols usually) but rollies are cheaper and I'm always broke.
If I'm more active, stressed etc this can double. If Im drinking it can go to 10-20 a day and more if I'm under the influence of stimulating chemicals.

But my favourites, my special cancer sticks that got me addicted in the first place are these beautys.
[Image: tumblr_mbd7jsb9TF1qccnblo1_1280.jpg]
Djarum Black. Indonesian Kretek clove cigarettes. Vanilla flavoured tip. 1.6 mg nicotine, 25mg tar. Get em off a dodgy looking indonesian website, works out around £2.70 a pack. Gorgeous things, smell like christmas, numbs your throat, but if you smoke a pack in a night you feel it the next day.
"Dance like you’re stamping on a human face forever, love like you’ve been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there’s no such thing as God."

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter