• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DXM 600mg - chilled and enjoyable
Drank down 3 bottles of Robitussin dry cough, which I worked out as 150 mg DXM per bottle so 450mg also took 4mg chlorphenamine as I heard it causes itching (although it didn't for me).
Put on music, lay down on my bed, and waited for it to kick in. I was slightly apprehensive as I have read some fucked up trip reports of DXM.
Anyway, kicked in nicely, felt woozy, not overly strong. Had some diarrhea, well quite a few trips to the bog to be honest. After about 1.5 hrs drank the forth bottle, and moved from lying in bed to a comfortable seat and changed the music to something classical, Bach Adagio. It got a bit stronger but really I can just describe it as nice and cozy.
Zoned in and out a bit listened to the music, had CEVs which reminded of MXE a bit, which were benign, nature based  (trees and forests) and enjoyable. Dissociation was mild to medium.
After about maybe 2 hours, went for a cup of tea and started mucking around on the computer, from then i considered the trip over with no bad after effects, just felt fine really.

I would like to try again at higher dose but wouldn't go the cough bottle route again cause of the diarrhea. Uklegals (i think it was them) sold the pure powder but now seem defunct, correct me if I'm wrong, anyone know another UK supplier? There is a Canadian website selling it but they sell UK illegals so don't think I can give the name.
Yeah I wouldn't post the Canadian site :)
Will edit this in a second

*edit*
Right if your Canadian site is the same one in thinking of, It has had pretty decent reviews on other sites(feel free to pm me the name and I'll answer yes or no but I'd guess it's the same)

Second I can't understand why you'd want to put up with diarrhoea for a few hours of fuzzy warmth, take a meclon or two and you'll feel like you're wrapped in wool, as long as you have a low tolerance :)

If the powder is decent and it's not actually the dxm giving you the shits then I could see a point, but I doubt I could ever start chugging cough syrup.
I'm actually imagining myself doing it now lol
We only use cavonia in this house though lol
Sorry I can't be of much more help.
I'm sure I read somewhere disso food used to sell it? If so you could possibly email rapid Chems? Uk vendor uk legals :)

Anyway good luck,
Hope you don't actually get a cough :)
Regards
GN
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.
I've read that you can do an extraction on the syrup which would make it much more palatable. The capsules are easy on the tummy as well.
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
DXM is one of those I might take a look at, if it was easily available as a standalone chem. There's nothing that makes it especially attractive, but from simple interest, it's something I might dabble with perhaps once, largely from curiosity.

HOWEVER, as part of a syrup like Robitussin?

Not a chance.

Why? 

Because a quick glance at the Boots website reveals that it also contains the following cocktail:
Maltitol, Sorbitol, Glycerol, Sodium Cyclamate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Bonzoate E211, Disodium Edetate, Amaranth E123, Caramel E150, Ethanol (96%) BP 2.5 v/v.

Four bottles of that lot for a few hours of chill? Seriously? No wonder you had diarrhea, my friend. Hopefully nothing worse.

From a harm reduction perspective I would give it a wide berth.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ Terence McKenna
I suspect the MHRA take a dim view of uk sites selling dextromethorphan powder. Dextromethorphan is a pharmacy only medication (i.e. available without prescription, but only from a pharmacy). So selling DXM or importing it without the appropriate licenses would be a crime under the medicines act. (Importing for personal use is exempt from licensing requirements). In other words, it's unlikely that a UK based site would offer DXM. As far as I know, no non-syrup forms of DXM are licensed in the UK and manufacturers appear to have a tacit agreement to formulate their dextromethorphan products to include ingredients that are unpleasant when consumed in quantity. For example, while the US version of Robitussin is sweetened (mostly) via corn syrup, the UK version uses maltitol and sorbitol - sugar alcohols with a laxative effect. As you discovered, this has the intended discouraging effect on use that falls outside the dosage gudielines.
Also this is pretty serious, don't try to eat a whole pack of sugar free polos in one mouthful; this will also give you diarrhoea.
Or maybe that was just me :/ I'd steer clear of them too just to be safe :)
Regards
GN
They say pain is relative, it certainly feels like a relative of mine... One that I can't get rid of.
If you look on eBay you can import DXM pills with no other active ingredients cheap and legal. Or you can go to Boots and buy Benylin Dry Cough Non-Drowsy which is still a syrup but the only active ingredient is DXM and it's a higher dosage.

Or you can really try your luck and see if your local pharmacy is stocking J Collis Browne's Mixture which contains something just a bit stronger than DXM.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter