• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Codeine and Synthetic Cannabinoids
No 3000mg is not a concern, it's the fact that people who generally want codeine enough to be ingesting co-codomol then it's probably not a one off. Also 3000mg of paracetamol would only have 48mg of codeine in it which is less than 0. A MINIMUM dose for me would be 150mg which is almost 10 grams of paracetamol and as I say that is a very small dose (for me).
The last time I tried was with a brand called paramol which was paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. I got a stronger effect from them but still after n tablets I felt slightly high but unnervingly unwell.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
(20-06-2014, 02:34 PM)Kompressor Wrote:  Also 3000mg of paracetamol would only have 48mg of codeine in it which is less than 0. 

Keep in mind that I have a regular supply of 30/500's - not the 8's. Usually dose around 240-280
(20-06-2014, 02:44 PM)Jimzip Wrote: Keep in mind that I have a regular supply of 30/500's - not the 8's. Usually dose around 240-280

Ever tried switching to DHC? seemed a bit better for the pain and such. My usual dose is around 90mg codeine and cannabinoids seem to take off the ever-present nausea and overall frustration I get from C, seems like an ok combo.
(18-06-2014, 12:10 AM)WeAreScientists Wrote: I am super fucking jealous that 80mg codeine gets you so high. I've taken upwards of 200mg codeine (taking about 4000mg of paracetamol in the process) with promethazine while on benzos and still fuck all happened!

Haha mate last night I had 1500 mg codeine phosphate and it was nice with these new c-liquids that are out. I hate my codeine tolerance.
(18-06-2014, 01:04 AM)WeAreScientists Wrote:
(18-06-2014, 12:58 AM)444499 Wrote: Educational. I assume the two substances are irretrievably bonded. The bastards.

Yep. It used to be that the codeine was on one side and the paracetamol was on the other side and you could just break the codeine part off but no longer.

You can do a CWE but that will never be 100% and will still leave some paracetamol in the mixture.

When it comes to codeine we are lucky in that we can buy a big bottle of the stuff OTC anyway. Not many pharmacies stock it these days but it's still legal and easily available online for just a few quid. Not worth it for me though since I'm pretty sure the enzyme for metabolising codeine doesn't exist in my body. Plus I have easy access to other stronger painkillers anyway.

Is that just not cough medicine ?
Codeine is an effective cough suppressant. What do you think lean is? Codeine cough syrup man.

Oh and you can also buy J Collis Browne's Mixture over the counter which is oral morphine. It's only low dose and like the codeine it's not often stocked in pharmacies but it's literally morphine you can buy legally.

I only buy OTC opiates myself nowadays since tramadol got controlled and they stopped giving scripts to everyone and their dog.

Oh the link I posted is broken, looks like that place isn't selling the codeine anymore. Just type "codeine linctus" into Google.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
(16-12-2015, 04:42 PM)WeAreScientists Wrote: Codeine is an effective cough suppressant. What do you think lean is? Codeine cough syrup man.

Oh and you can also buy J Collis Browne's Mixture over the counter which is oral morphine. It's only low dose and like the codeine it's not often stocked in pharmacies but it's literally morphine you can buy legally.

I only buy OTC opiates myself nowadays since tramadol got controlled and they stopped giving scripts to everyone and their dog.

Oh the link I posted is broken, looks like that place isn't selling the codeine anymore. Just type "codeine linctus" into Google.

Sorry, I know this is a old post, but some people are just genetically not affected by codeine. They cannot convert it to morphine very efficiently or at all.
I was under the impression that that would just mean it'd feel different to those people, codeine is itself active without being converted into morphine isn't it?
Peace

SlowandFastandSlow
(10-05-2016, 07:19 PM)SlowandFastandSlow Wrote: I was under the impression that that would just mean it'd feel different to those people, codeine is itself active without being converted into morphine isn't it?

Yes. There's more going on with the pharmacology than just conversion to morphine - conjugation to codeine-6-glucuronide is also likely responsible for much of the effect. Wikipedia's summary of this is pretty good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeine#Pharmacokinetics
Since I posted those old comments, somehow my body reacts pretty well to 100mg of codeine now and hates tramadol instead. Body chemistry is a tricky bastard. Probably good news my body telling me to stay away from tramadol though, the seizure risk alone makes it a good idea to avoid.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter