• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Clonazolam and memory loss - my nightmare
My experience with benzos is varied, but I will keep this short. If it was available - I tried it. Then one afternoon I decided to up my game and took a couple more clonazolam than I usually did.

Inside of 20 minutes, following necking 4mg of clon I collapsed unconscious on my kitchen table. I then proceeded to try to unlock a bush in my back garden with my house keys, and talked in an alien language to anyone I encountered - impossible to disguise.

Realising my mistake I stopped taking them, but as a result of my repeated use of a period of about 8 weeks and sudden cessation I suffered two seizures and was hospitalized. I was released but did I learn? Sort of, I reduced my dose but I had more seizures the next week and suffered a severe concussion. I now remember next to nothing of 2015, forgot my own sons birthday and age, forgot where I lived, many terrifying gaps became apparent.

I spent a week with anterograde amnesia (inability to form new memories) and was in a state of perpetual fear for that period. It has now subsided. My past memories have yet to return but I have been informed they may never come back.

Why am I posting this? Well, I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did. I was foolish and didn't taper off, nor did I control my dosage very strictly. I regret it all and hope that nobody else goes through it.

Clonazolam is just about the most powerful benzo derivative I have come across and, when treated with respect, can be functional. Don't be an idiot like I was, be careful, be safel!

Peace out.
good post. a sincere warning of how serious BZD withdrawal can be.
Hood Hippy word
I lost about three weeks of memory and I'd name clonazolam as the main perpetrator. Was popping them like smarties though.
Hope you don't have to go through that again mate, sounds terrible. Iv tried basically all the rc benzos and the two that really messed me up were flublam and clonzlam, both caused black outs and made me talk utter rubbish to anyone. They made me over excited, to happy and not give a shit about anything as far as I could tell.

Etizolam and diclizapam are the only ones with a good all round profile. Etiz not as good diclizapam only because of the short half life which means regular dosing. Dicalazpam for me acts the same as valium.

I used diclizapam for anixity, well social anxiety and abit of depression and it worked wonders. No black's no fiendish compulsive dosing, I get the compulsive dosing from etiz but it can be controlled easily.

My advice from using all these really strong hepnotic type benzos is try out diclizapam if your using benzos for a real intended purpose like anxiety and depression is to go for diclizapam. 

But if your using just to get smashed then I'd say your being silly and shouldnt use them.

I got dependent on diclizapam as they are perfect for anxiety and depression but went to doctor and on a taper plan which isn't working because I need Valium to keep functioning in my day to day things. I don't think my doctor understands why I started using benzos, so I need words with him about that. I'd rather be on benzos than ssri's...ssri's don't sound good to me.

Hope I'm not babbling on but thought I'll tell you my benzo story and how i got to were I am now.

Take care.. Peace:)
(28-08-2015, 05:44 AM)Hey Tinbath, I really appreciate your input, infact I have switched from clonazolam to diclazepam for now and I have pyrazolam waiting as a secondary option. I\m hoping this change will helpe a little bit and b easier to taper off.Thanks once again. tinbath Wrote: Hope you don't have to go through that again mate, sounds terrible. Iv tried basically all the rc benzos and the two that really messed me up were flublam and clonzlam, both caused black outs and made me talk utter rubbish to anyone. They made me over excited, to happy and not give a shit about anything as far as I could tell.

Etizolam and diclizapam are the only ones with a good all round profile. Etiz not as good diclizapam only because of the short half life which means regular dosing. Dicalazpam for me acts the same as valium.

I used diclizapam for anixity, well social anxiety and abit of depression and it worked wonders. No black's no fiendish compulsive dosing, I get the compulsive dosing from etiz but it can be controlled easily.

My advice from using all these really strong hepnotic type benzos is try out diclizapam if your using benzos for a real intended purpose like anxiety and depression is to go for diclizapam. 

But if your using just to get smashed then I'd say your being silly and shouldnt use them.

I got dependent on diclizapam as they are perfect for anxiety and depression but went to doctor and on a taper plan which isn't working because I need Valium to keep functioning in my day to day things. I don't think my doctor understands why I started using benzos, so I need words with him about that. I'd rather be on benzos than ssri's...ssri's don't sound good to me.

Hope I'm not babbling on but thought I'll tell you my benzo story and how i got to were I am now.

Take care.. Peace:)

P.s. you were not babbling, it is always good to feel that little less alone.
Clonazolam really does mess with your memory hard.

Anterograde amnesia sounds terrifying!
Sounds pretty horrific - I've found clonaz pretty forgiving and liked the lack of memory probs but it's way too potent to drop like smarties; going on an auto pilot dosing with it is a horrific idea. For me Etiz kept blacking me out pretty regular and although it's got a pretty good name for not being to abusable and being functional diclaz has blacked me out a couple of times. 
Point being not to excuse clonaz which certainly is one of the most potent (if not the most for the average user judging by posts) but just be aware most if not all of these things can cause havoc. Never had a problem with flubromazepam but that was implicated in my last black out; that was a two day MPA>activity>benzo>bed nextday MPA>activity>benzo>bed but at some point I lost it; know I took flubro the first day and something else the second; my partner tells me I took a load more benzos at one point but she hasn't a clue what colour smarties and now I can't remember which day it was; maybe the long HL of flub'pam threw me and feeling fine once MPA was added again - I was messed up at work for a couple of days which wasn't good - explained I wasn't feeling well to my boss and hope it was "believeable" since I can keep out of sight at work on occassion which was need on this occassion when I felt like simply conking out - next week another colleage surprised me and said she was glad I was ok now since I had looked so awful last week... anyway generally I've got away with it without too much problems - some stories like your are frightful; brilliant sensibly used - potentially horrific with any lapse in judgement...which they are capable of inducing in and of themselves
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
Etiz made me black out from just 2mg! The supposed equivalent of diazepam I could push much further without problem.
Clonazolam is terrible for this kind of thing.

I'm surprised the hospital didn't give you a diazepam taper after you went in for seizures though, they really should have.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter