• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Clonazolam addiction, worth it?
Trust me mate, it's not worth it. Benzodiazepines are probaly the hardest drugs to come off.
At first, everything seems great. Your social life get's better, you're more open. But it's actually just a devil inside a sheeps skin. You'll reach a stage where you get rebound anxiety.
And not just like it was before, it'll get much much worse.

Go see a psychologist, find out what trips your social anxiety. You'll learn much better tools to combat it that way.
And skip one helluva drug addiction, you might never overcome.
Oink oink...
(31-05-2015, 05:55 PM)MrApollo Wrote: Sorry for spellling/typos in advance
I use pregablin in the latter stages of a taper if I feel the urge to go on a benzo binge as it gives the muscle relaxant element to me but that could easily become another addiction in itself. Hurling yourself into a clonazolam addiction knowingly is nuts. It would be nuts whatever the climate but with the looming ban hammer your timing couldn't be worse. Back away slowly and steer clear. All IMO but I'm scrambling around organising my exit strategy not planning a leap back in.

Mr. Apollo - Please trust me when I say this is information dedicated to everyone, not an aimed missile at you.

Comming from someone that went through severe severe generalized anxiety after going through 12 hours without my dose, after 24 hours without my dose I was in full blown 10/10Panic/Anxiety attack mode, ( I had nothig bothering me in my life (money, love, work, etc.)) It's important to metion to whoever will be wise enough to read this ''sermon'' that I extremely rarely register on sites/forum sites to give my experience and facts (not Opinions, facts), that a am G.A.D. diagnosed since I was 17, now Im 31. Still have the condition? Yes. Did it get better? Yes. However, oer 14 years and counting....
---IMO (this is my opinion, Anxiety (it's all about to what degree it unables you to function in life/society/work/family/etc, which usually makes you feel alone. That being said, if you are that much handicapped but have to keep going to work, saying hi/bye/Iove you/sorry my love Im just not feeling good to go with you to (whatever it is he/she wants to do), seeing your family, etc. Anxiety is worse than depression, as it's impossible to be happy,  ''not depressed'' (we all have shitty days right - that goes for stress to (not anxiety), stress. However,it's possible to do be 10/10 depressed without feeling any anxiety what so ever (well is it opinion - 3 psychiatrists told me this and I won't starte their names, for their confidentiality))

Let's get this Pregabalin/Lyrica information going, shall we?

1. Pregabalin/Lyrica is a very very nasty drug (and Lyrica IS PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_dependence (scroll down to the list) Going cold turkey or tappering off VERY VERY fast (with physical addiction the real life threatning dangers depend of the dose you've been taking (Pregabalin/Lyrica  if I'm mistaken starts at 25mg to 600 mg/day, every day - this is usually NO as needed medication like benzos, which ultimately means you will be *usually using it every day*. Thats one of the dozens of reasons it's very very tricky*))

A little insight on the FDA/Pharmaceutical Industry/Pfiser:  http://www.drugaddictiontreatment.com/ty...addiction/
''Between two and four percent of Americans or approximately ten million people have fibromyalgia, and report suffering from aches and pains that can be so debilitating that they cannot lead normal lives, and yet many doctors do not even recognized fibromyalgia as a disease. When Pfizer began to advertise Lyrica as a remedy for pain from fibromyalgia, for the first time millions of people felt as if their complaints of vague, widespread chronic pain were finally being addressed.
The American College of Rheumatology, the FDA and certain insurance companies do recognize fibromyalgia, but even Dr. Frederick Wolfe, the person who discovered the disease, is no longer sure it exists. He now *knows* fibromyalgia is a physical response to stress, depression, and economic and social anxiety.''
P.S.: Funny how one of the main symptoms of this disease is FATIGUE (and Pregabalin/Lyrica causes, depending on dose (even 25 mg does), cause minor to extreme fatigue). They were getting sicker, asking for more to their doctors because the dose wasn't enough - and the story goes on and on, poor people.

2. *Pregabalin/Lyrica takes rouglhy 1-3 months to beggin addiction (both physochological/physical), at higher doses 300 to 600 mgs, its 1-11.5 months, usually. If you continue for like me, over 2 years - you're fucked. Thats why I ordered clonazolam and quit Lyrica for good, tappered off the lyrica (for the physical addiction, you never know) from 600 mg a day to 0 mg in 2 weeks. All while taking 1 mg  every time I need it (this was 5 weeks ago), now I'm at 3 mgs every time I need it. No more lyrica for over 3 weeks as of today. Clonazolam - is starting to get addicting both psycho and physico, now I'm tappering off  that, slowly but surely. I suspect 1-3 months will do the trick. *

3. Pregabalin WD Side Effects: (these are not cold turkey side effects): 

-Anger: Some people have reported feeling very angry, nearly to the point of rage when they stopped this drug. Feeling angry can be a natural consequence of withdrawal from a drug that can 
have a calming effect. *Like Benzos*
-Anxiety: In countries outside the U.S. (*Canada - where I live, this is why I took it*), this drug is actually approved to treat anxiety. When a person stops taking it, they may experience 
a spike in anxiety. The quicker a person withdraws from the drug, the greater the anxiety is.
-Body aches: The pain may even be more intense than a benzodiazapine witdrawal. This is because your body had become accustomed to receiving analgesic (NOT muscle relaxant effects -NOT to 
be confused up here!) effects from the drug and it needs to reinitiate its natural pain response.
-Chills: Some people have reported chills upon discontinuation. If you experience chills, it is likely that your nervous system is attempting to function without influence from the drug. It 
is unlikely that you will experience chills for longer than a couple weeks following your last dose.
-Crying spells: 
Many people become depressed when they quit taking Lyrica. This is a drug that acts on neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine, which may be abnormally low or altered during withdrawal. 
This may lead a person to experience overwhelming emotion and cry.

Depersonalization: You may feel as though you feel unlike your normal self or completely void of emotion. This is a zombie-like effect that some people experience when they withdraw from 
this medication. It’s a result of brain chemical alterations and changes following medication usage.
-Depression: Do you feel severely depressed now that you’ve stopped taking your Lyrica? It is well documented that this drug can affect norepinephrine levels and other chemicals in the 
brain.  It is known that low norepinephrine and depression are linked.  Withdrawal could lead to a temporary chemical imbalance, which results in depressive thinking. Assuming you weren’t 
depressed prior to taking this medication, you should eventually get better. *this usually takes months, starting at ground zero (when you have completely stopped using it) - it take months 
to 1 to almost 2 years, why?*
Quote: ''You may want to consider tapering at a rate of 10% per month. By tapering your current dose at just 10% every 4 weeks (thats 10 months just to get to ground zero, you are giving 
your nervous system plenty of time to adjust to changes in dosing. If this seems too slow for you, you could consider dropping at a rate of 15% or 20% a month depending on the symptoms 
you’re experiencing. (5 to 7.5 months in this case, but for higher doses used daily for a pro-longed amount of time - stick with the 10%)'' So (5-10 months = 0mg = ground zero) +  I'd say 
IMO and in my own experience 6-12 months. Do benzo's keep you depressed for that long after the WD is done - not by a long shot (0.1% of people studies have shown they can - 100% of chronic 
Lyrica users - It will.
-Diarrhea: Some people have reported diarrhea when stopping this medication. The diarrhea is usually accompanied by an upset stomach and shouldn’t last longer than a week or two. If you are 
having difficulty coping with this symptom, get yourself some Imodium (available over-the-counter).
-Dizziness: It is normal to feel dizzy when you discontinue this drug. The dizziness is thought to be intensified if you quit cold turkey. Usually the more gradual you taper, the more dizzy 
sensations and/or vertigo is reduced. This will fade over time, but may be present for weeks following your last dose.
-Extreme Fatigue: Having low energy levels are commonly noted during withdrawal. You may experience deep physical and mental exhaustion and/or lethargy. At the latter stagges of the WD 
process. Doing seemingly everyday tasks such as cooking meals, going to work, and cleaning may seem very difficult. Keep pushing yourself through this fatigue and know that in time, it will 
improve.
-Flu-like: The combination of feeling chilled, hot flashes, dizziness, headaches, and nausea can lead a person to feel like they have the flu. It is more common to feel “flu-like” if you quit cold turkey.
-Headaches: This is a very common symptom that people cope with during withdrawal. Some people actually take this drug to help prevent migraines (despite no evidence supporting this 
treatment option). In any regard, dealing with headaches (mild or severe) is common during withdrawal.
-Hot flashes: These are sudden sensations of heat throughout the body. Between these and “chills” some may have a difficult time dealing with the temperature changes that can occur during 
withdrawal.
-Insomnia: Severe insomnia and/or sleep paralysis (more on sleep paralysis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis)
-Irritability: Things that don’t normally bother you may really irritate you during withdrawal. Realize that an irritable disposition is temporary – as your brain readjusts, this symptom 
should gradually subside.
-Itching: Although this is a less common symptom to experience during withdrawal, some people do report itching.  You may initially think you have developed a rash.  This is usually caused 
by sensitive nerve endings as a result of drug discontinuation.  Consider taking an antihistamine until the symptom clears up.
-Joint pain: This drug can work very well for pain management, but when a person discontinues, they may experience an increase in joint pain. It is important to understand that this is a normal symptom of withdrawal, but may very uncomfortable. Do your best to cope with the pain in your joints and keep faith that it will improve.
-Mood swings: During withdrawal, your mood may be in constant flux. Usually people experience negative emotions such as anger, depression, anxiety, and unwanted thoughts. Moods will 
eventually improve and should fully stabilize in time.
-Muscle spasms: Muscles may be more prone to spasms when you quit the drug. Although not everyone will have spasms upon stopping this medication, some people do. Realize that this is just 
part of the way the nervous system is reacting.
-Nausea: The body can take some time to adapt to changes during discontinuation. In some cases, this can lead some people to experience nausea when they stop the drug. The nausea may be uncomfortable, but shouldn’t persist for an extended amount of time.
-Panic attacks: When anxiety becomes overwhelming during withdrawal, it could lead some people to panic. It is especially common to panic when dealing with both physical and psychological 
withdrawal symptoms. It is recommended to use relaxation techniques such as deep breathing to help curb anxiety and reduce the possibility of panic.
-Poor concentration: This is a drug that influences neurotransmitter levels such as norepinephrine. Norepinephrine can improve vigilance and concentration while a person is taking the drug. 
Unfortunately during withdrawal, a person may have difficulties with concentration.
-Restlessness: You may feel especially restless when you come off of Lyrica. If you are feeling restless, the best thing you can do is to get some sort of mild exercise (e.g. walking) 
and/or engage in a relaxation exercise (to help decrease anxiety). In particular, many people note having restless legs.
-Seizures: In people taking this drug for seizures, withdrawal can lead to recurrence of seizures. The seizures experienced during withdrawal may be stronger and more frequent than normal. 
It is important to with a doctor during withdrawal if you are prone to seizures.
-Shortness of breath: Some individuals have experienced shortness of breath when they initially come off of the drug. This tends to be a more common side effect while taking the drug, but 
can also occur during withdrawal.
-Sleep problems: You may notice changes in your sleep patterns when you first quit the drug. This is because your nervous system is attempting to balance out the changes that it is 
experiencing. In addition to insomnia, you may not be able to get good quality sleep and may wake up frequently throughout the night. Your sleep should improve over time.
-Stomach pain: Many individuals report stomach pain and/or cramping when they initially stop the drug. This pain will likely be uncomfortable, and there’s no telling how long it will last, 
but usually improve within a couple weeks.
-Suicidal thinking: Many people report feeling suicidal depressed when they initially withdraw from Lyrica. If you feel suicidal, it is important to recognize that the brain is temporarily 
chemically imbalanced during withdrawal; sometimes to a significant extent. As the brain recovers, neurotransmitter levels will be restored, but this is a gradual process. If you cannot 
cope with this feeling, be sure to seek professional help.
-Sweating: You may start to sweat a lot when you first quit taking the drug. The sweating may be prevalent throughout the day and while you sleep. Sweating is a natural response exhibited 
by the body when undergoing withdrawal.
-Vision changes: It is certainly possible to experience visual disturbances during withdrawal. You may note blurred vision and/or other disturbances in your field of vision. Vision should 
return to normal over time so try not to work yourself up.
-Weight loss: If you gained while taking the drug, you should expect your body to fluctuate back to the pre-drug weight. The weight loss may not come overnight, but as time passes, you 
should drop back down to your normal weight.

4. Pregabalin aka Lyrica is not a muscle relaxant ( What is it used for? *http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/lyrica.html* ) ;
a. Epilepsy used as an add-on therapy for adults with partial seizures with or without secondary generalisation. (Rings a bell? Clonezepam/Clonazolam (Ratio 1/3.5-4 -zepam/zolam(debatable) potency) is also an anti-epileptic seizure medication, though works in different ways (my guess would be that is works with GABA, though goes through the BBB (Blood Brain Barier) like a snakes phangs ijecting it in your Brain) - according to PFISER))))  (Epilepsy if a life long condition/that willl never go away, be deadly (for several different reasons; ex.: having an attack while driving, banging your head severally (death by blunt force trauma) and so many etceteras (if thats even a word)))). Which means that you need to take it every day, skipping a dose would be astronaumically ignorant (the first time) then it would be (the second timeyou skip it) -Negligent
b. Nerve pain (*I added this myself, don't be shy to look it up if in doubt* Usually sciatic nerve/pinched nerve), peripheral and central neuropathic pain) in adults,  for example due to diabetic neuropathy, following shingles (post-herpetic neuralgia) or due to spinal cord injury.
c.  Generalised anxiety disorder in adults. As in your case - which is whay you started benzos in the first place, then tryint to stwitch between Lyrica, then when you cnt take it anymore - go back to benzos (whiever one/ones - they're all bad. Some are stronger (people usually take less, some are weaker,people usually take more - to get te desired effects of anziety relief.

5. Is using clonazolam a good idea for quitting my Lyrica HELL YES. Is using Clonazolam a good idead, HELL NO.

BOTTOM LINE, STAY AWAY FROM BENZO, RC BENZOS AND ESPECIALLY LYRICA AS IVE BEEN TOLD BY HEROIN ADDICTS THAT THE BUZZ THEY GOT FROM IT WAS BETTER THAN THE HEROIN ITSELF. - Huh.?! Yeah.
Thanks for the concern and the Pregablin info. I'm well aware that it carries risks but I didn't at any point say I use them on a regular basis. I use them as a tool in the latter stages of a taper; probably unwisely but then again probably better than throwing a load of benzos down my neck and going back to square one of the taper.

"BOTTOM LINE, STAY AWAY FROM BENZO, RC BENZOS AND ESPECIALLY LYRICA AS IVE BEEN TOLD BY HEROIN ADDICTS THAT THE BUZZ THEY GOT FROM IT WAS BETTER THAN THE HEROIN ITSELF. - Huh.?! Yeah."

Yeah you're preaching to the choir on that one. If you read any of my other posts on the benzo threads you'll find I'm very open about my benzo issues and if I could rewind time then yeah I would stay away knowing what I do now. The ship has pretty much sailed on that one though. My post was motivated by concern for someone who was suggesting they knowingly throw themselves into a clonazolam addiction and asking what people's opinion on that was. I thought it was a bad idea as did everyone as far as I can tell. Probably because it was indeed a bad idea.

My posting was really meant to illustrate what life becomes once you enter the world of benzo addiction. I was trying to highlight how fucked up it is. I wasn't holding myself up as a Paragon of Virtue or suggesting that the OP throw themselves into Pregablin addiction instead. I was simply stating facts about my life that hopefully would illustrate the OP's suggestion as being unwise.

If you're using clonaz now to get yourself of Pregablin then best of luck to you but I'm not sure you'll find it that easy to taper from. That benzo scared the fuck out of me. I used it daily for just under a week and my tolerance and redosing went through the roof. I had very nasty withdrawls, pretty much matching the Pregablin list you kindly posted. This was despite trying to taper with diclaz. I had to start my taper on a much higher dose and even then it took a few days for diclaz to tame the clonaz withdrawals. 

I know your message was well meant but it does come across as a bit of a ranting sermon and to be frank I'm not convinced you picked the right benzo to quit Lyrica. There are a number of people here who are very benzo literate and also found it to be a scary one. I hope it is as easy to taper from as you think but it sounds like you plan to be on it for some time, like months of it. Personally I think that is maybe an unwise decision. 

Also you may not be quite the expert you appear to think you are. That's not meant as an insult it's just an observation based on your choice of benzo to deal with Pregablin withdrawls plus a worryingly  self confident belief that clonaz tapering will be straightforward. I'd politely suggest approaching the mods such as Blodwyn about maybe getting off clonaz sooner rather than later. They're qualified to give that kind of advice. It's not a benzo I'd pick for every day use but then I'm no expert. I'm just a random stranger with a benzo problem who was scared shitless by clonaz.  Blodwyn and other members here are experts however and they may be able to help you find an alternative, less risky path out of your Pregablin problems. 

Thanks again for the concern and the essay. There's an essay and some concern right back at you :) Welcome to the forum mate and really, best of luck getting off the Pregablin. I hope you can sort it out. You've found the right place for support if you need it.
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
(09-07-2015, 05:37 AM)MrApollo Wrote: Thanks for the concern and the Pregablin info. I'm well aware that it carries risks but I didn't at any point say I use them on a regular basis. I use them as a tool in the latter stages of a taper; probably unwisely but then again probably better than throwing a load of benzos down my neck and going back to square one of the taper.

"BOTTOM LINE, STAY AWAY FROM BENZO, RC BENZOS AND ESPECIALLY LYRICA AS IVE BEEN TOLD BY HEROIN ADDICTS THAT THE BUZZ THEY GOT FROM IT WAS BETTER THAN THE HEROIN ITSELF. - Huh.?! Yeah."

Yeah you're preaching to the choir on that one. If you read any of my other posts on the benzo threads you'll find I'm very open about my benzo issues and if I could rewind time then yeah I would stay away knowing what I do now. The ship has pretty much sailed on that one though. My post was motivated by concern for someone who was suggesting they knowingly throw themselves into a clonazolam addiction and asking what people's opinion on that was. I thought it was a bad idea as did everyone as far as I can tell. Probably because it was indeed a bad idea.

My posting was really meant to illustrate what life becomes once you enter the world of benzo addiction. I was trying to highlight how fucked up it is. I wasn't holding myself up as a Paragon of Virtue or suggesting that the OP throw themselves into Pregablin addiction instead. I was simply stating facts about my life that hopefully would illustrate the OP's suggestion as being unwise.

If you're using clonaz now to get yourself of Pregablin then best of luck to you but I'm not sure you'll find it that easy to taper from. That benzo scared the fuck out of me. I used it daily for just under a week and my tolerance and redosing went through the roof. I had very nasty withdrawls, pretty much matching the Pregablin list you kindly posted. This was despite trying to taper with diclaz. I had to start my taper on a much higher dose and even then it took a few days for diclaz to tame the clonaz withdrawals. 

I know your message was well meant but it does come across as a bit of a ranting sermon and to be frank I'm not convinced you picked the right benzo to quit Lyrica. There are a number of people here who are very benzo literate and also found it to be a scary one. I hope it is as easy to taper from as you think but it sounds like you plan to be on it for some time, like months of it. Personally I think that is maybe an unwise decision. 

Also you may not be quite the expert you appear to think you are. That's not meant as an insult it's just an observation based on your choice of benzo to deal with Pregablin withdrawls plus a worryingly  self confident belief that clonaz tapering will be straightforward. I'd politely suggest approaching the mods such as Blodwyn about maybe getting off clonaz sooner rather than later. They're qualified to give that kind of advice. It's not a benzo I'd pick for every day use but then I'm no expert. I'm just a random stranger with a benzo problem who was scared shitless by clonaz.  Blodwyn and other members here are experts however and they;

Lyrica is very easily available prescription , my idiot doctor told me what doyou want? 150, 300,450, 600 (me *only knowing that ithelps anzeity and scistic nerve pain which I sumwhat had*, he gave me 600mg the firtst prescription no upping the dose gradualy, no nothing! That's why it's MORE dangerous than Benzos - cuz they are NOT given that esily unless 1. Your Dr. is a complete Idiot 2. Like the money he makes ofof those prescriptions or 3. Had no god damn clue what Lyrica is a about. It CrEePs Up On Ya!

Thanks again for the concern and the essay. There's an essay and some concern right back at you :) Welcome to the forum mate and really, best of luck getting off the Pregablin. I hope you can sort it out. You've found the right place for support if you need it.

***This was my number one reply to your reply to my reply to your ooriginal post on this thread... and now number 2-3-4- and 5 are gone?? WTF***
1- Mr. Apollo - Please trust me when I say this is information dedicated to everyone, not an aimed missile at you. *Meaning I dont know your habits dose/frequency, etc, so I am NOT the one to judge you.  I dont need to read/nor that I want to read your previous posts/threads (even though something made me do it,I read it all. . I repeat:''Please trust me when I say this is information dedicated to everyone, not an aimed missile at you. *Meaning I dont know your habits dose/frequency, etc, so I am NOT the one to judge you.  I dont need to read/nor that I want to read your previious posts/threads. I repeat '' 
2- ''may be able to help you find an alternative, less risky path out of your Pregablin problems.  *I think it was number 2 - IM OF LYRICA FOR OVER 3 WEEKS and I felt great (thi =s comming from a 2 1/2 year daily 600 mg/day doae, sometimes much more (I know dealers that ge their prescriptions and sell them) sometimes I was up to 4000 mgs a day for months- Did your  really read my ''sermon' If not, it'sok, it is very long?
3- ''Also you may not be quite the expert you appear to think you are.'' You insinuated that ''thought'' I was an expert -generally speaking, book -school, etc, nothing akes more someone close to an expert to a specificorspecific topics more than personnal exprience.
4- ''I know your message was well meant but it does come across as a bit of a ranting sermon and to be frank I'm not convinced you picked the right benzo to quit Lyrica. '' Did I say I did? Yes Reffer to number 2- ''
5- ''observation based on your choice of benzo to deal with Pregablin withdrawls plus a worryingly  self confident belief that clonaz tapering will be straight forward.''  Please refer to -number 2 (once gain, sorry for that).
6-etc.? no so sure anything to reply to still, I'm exhausted of thinking. What I need help with now is getting off  clonazolam -which will most probably be tougher if I use it daily, increasing the dose periodically, until I start tappering slowly offf (I've started 5 weeks ago). PLEASEHELP before if becomes too late - my IMO is after 6 month of heavy daily use - it will equal to 2 1/2 years of Lyrica 600mgs/day use (forget abut the 4000mgs/day use, that was periodical (to get a buzz - because my tolorance built so fast - tolerance (says 300 makes you high *the first time you use it* the next day you need 450-600mgs to get the same effects, next day 1200 ms (that was my experience).

I listed a quick reply from my 1 - 5 of your main arguents - [b][u]and now number 2-3-4- and 5 are gone?? WTF*** 
[/b][/u]
(Edit:I'll stick around)

P.S.: I must of clicked the edit link again instead of update post - as I dont see why a moderator would re-edit my post as nothing was said against the rules - PMon this Moderator - nobody else please.

P.S.: Number 2:

I'm crying right now. yesterday night I went for a drive (dont know why dont remember and I TOTALLED MY 30 000.00$ car, my insurance will it cover it? I smashed into a brick wall of a fast food restaurant (blacked out). but I have 4 months eft to pay until its mine.

1. They will find out I had some sort of a potent benzo in my urine. (cops), because it is legal - and that I am sure I can convince the judge with my legal aid attorney they.............

It happened again but this time I clicked on UPDATE POST!  WHY did I lose so much more important (to me) info typed after the halft sentence of #1???
Mate you need help I'm not qualified to give. Contact Blodwyn asap and she'll help you get on the right track. You're driving around on clonaz crashing your car. I can barely make sense of what you've written. That's what a daily clonaz habit is going to do to you. You picked the wrong benzo but it's not too late, talk to her and you'll get the support you need. 

I'm really sorry that you're having such a tough time and I can empathise but for proper help contact Blodwyn or one of the other mods and do it ASAP! The sooner you do the sooner you'll start getting real,help. Please, please do this!

Get well my friend,
MrA
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm copypasta.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
Reading this one year later and thank fuck I'm not one year into a heavy clonazolam addiction :D

Only done c'lam once since, when I found a loose pill on the floor when I was cleaning my room before moving out. Didn't do jack shit, must have been left out for too long.

No longer feel the need to be using everyday. Once a fortnight I'll allow myself to have a night of Etiz of Xanax. Dose 2mg of Pyrazolam or 50mg of baclofen when I have meetings or calls at work, maybe twice a week. Take a week off every second month or so and feel fine, no withdrawals or rebound anxiety.

Now I just need to kick this cannabis habit and I think I'll be in a much better place.

Thanks again
(09-07-2015, 05:37 AM)MrApollo Wrote: Thanks for the concern and the Pregablin info. I'm well aware that it carries risks but I didn't at any point say I use them on a regular basis. I use them as a tool in the latter stages of a taper; probably unwisely but then again probably better than throwing a load of benzos down my neck and going back to square one of the taper.

Also you may not be quite the expert you appear to think you are. That's not meant as an insult it's just an observation based on your choice of benzo to deal with Pregablin withdrawls plus a worryingly  self confident belief that clonaz tapering will be straightforward. I'd politely suggest approaching the mods such as Blodwyn about maybe getting off clonaz sooner rather than later. They're qualified to give that kind of advice. It's not a benzo I'd pick for every day use but then I'm no expert. I'm just a random stranger with a benzo problem who was scared shitless by clonaz.  Blodwyn and other members here are experts however and they may be able to help you find an alternative, less risky path out of your Pregablin problems. 

Lyrica once a week and not doing anything risky and tolerance and addiction will more than likely not be an issue. Must be poor H if they are getting a better buzz from Pregabalin than it. The potent Triazolos excepting Pyrazolam because of its selective binding and lack of any recreational effects, should be limited to occasionally. That is less than once a fortnight and ideally longer between than that. Flubromazepam needs sparing use because of the very long HL but even considering a 100 hour HL it seems to build tolerance more rapidly than say Diazepam whose primary Metabolite Nordiazepam has a HL of 120-240 Hours possibly because it has a more hypnotic feel than Diaz and hypnotic benzos do tend to build tolerance quicker than anxiolytic ones. Can't believe GPs are asking what dose of Lyrica is needed. They don't ask what dose and duration of an antibiotic you require. Big backlash coming regarding that, even at lowish doses ( 50-150mg a day) the belief that a quick weeks taper and you will be fine is untrue. High doses its in-patient detoxes and this will gradually filter down to GPs. No mention of making it Class C when the patent was still in force but that soon started not long after it expired. The conclusion if you are cynical is was all done for the Govts friends in big pharma. From anecdotes i have heard allied with my own use it will come to be seen as not much different to Benzos. Think trying the alternatives first is least that should be explored. It would have to be Neuropathic pain or Epilepsy to get me to embark on daily use, otherwise occasional use. Not everyones cup of tea either. Odd times it has been downright weird, if you count paths appearing to consist of flowing Mercury a bit off the wall. However not heard it described as up there with super potent Opiates, can add never heard that from anyone and am sure most on the forum would not be expecting that. In for a dissapointment if they are.
Didn't take long to feel if i continued taking it i would be sorry and a friend was only on 150mg a day for two months and suffered pretty bad withdrawals for around 3 weeks before it faded. No sleep initially and then a decent dose of Trazadone was needed plus pretty bad anxiety in the day.
(27-05-2016, 11:10 AM)asadlittleman Wrote: Reading this one year later and thank fuck I'm not one year into a heavy clonazolam addiction :D

Only done c'lam once since, when I found a loose pill on the floor when I was cleaning my room before moving out. Didn't do jack shit, must have been left out for too long.

No longer feel the need to be using everyday. Once a fortnight I'll allow myself to have a night of Etiz of Xanax. Dose 2mg of Pyrazolam or 50mg of baclofen when I have meetings or calls at work, maybe twice a week. Take a week off every second month or so and feel fine, no withdrawals or rebound anxiety.

Now I just need to kick this cannabis habit and I think I'll be in a much better place.

Thanks again

That's really heartening to hear. I was incredibly worried for you and your clonaz plan. I'm glad you've found a safer alternative. Congratulations mate!
 ~ anon via Bongwater
(27-05-2016, 11:10 AM)asadlittleman Wrote: Reading this one year later and thank fuck I'm not one year into a heavy clonazolam addiction :D

Thanks again

I feared the worst when I saw this thread bumped but I'm glad you made the right choice. As long as you keep to your schedule you should be fine.

Interesting to hear that you're using Xanax. You're in the UK correct? It really is becoming popular here very rapidly. I made a thread about this because it's a trend that really does deserve one. Xanax will replace etizolam and possibly even become as popular as diazepam in a few months at this rate. Fucking nuts considering it's not even prescribed here and every single bar in the UK comes from one single lab.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter