• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Clonazolam addiction, worth it?
Just a quick note about my name, I'm not depressed or anything I'm actually quite a happy and rounded person, I just suffer from social anxiety, I created the account after the changes to the laws were announced and I thought my medicine was going to be taken away.

Basically, I've been self-medicating for social anxiety since I've finished uni and looking for a job. Started off with phenibut, loved it, still do, it's great. My go to drug for job interviews, but not something for more than occasional use. Basically when I started on phenibut I realised I suffered from social anxiety, it never occurred to be before, I just thought I was a bit quiet, bit of an introvert. After taking phenibut I realised how much better my life is free from social anxiety, I enjoy spending time with my friends more, my friends enjoy my company more, I feel funnier, wittier, more confident etc etc. I even have better conversations with my close family. I'm sure I don't need to explain social anxiety on here.

So I started looking for something that I could take a little more regularly as I was taking phenibut 3/4 times a week and building up a big tolerance and feeling all spaced out and weird on normal days. I found two things, baclofen and RC benzo's.

Baclofen works pretty similarly to phenibut but not quite as well, still feel a little anxious but fairly effective. But is a serious, prescription only medication that has similar withdrawals to benzos, and if makes me feel tired a lot of the time, not relaxed, but tired.

Next I tried Etiz. I loved them. I brought 30, ate one, proceed to chat to an old friend who had recently moved away on facebook and within a few hours and a few more etiz's I was on a train down to see him. I ate the entire 30mg that weekend and had a great time. I don't dare order more as these things are too abusable to me, I'll eat them like candy.

Next it was clonazolam. No anxiety, more effective than baclofen, all the stresses of my life just fade away, with a nice relaxing buzz. Doesn't feel too druggy like etiz did for me, but nice all the same. I've been taking them for about two weeks. 0.5mg in the morning, 0.5mg in the evening.

Now I'm at a crossroads, I don't know what to do. I don't want to go back to the way things were before. So do I continue with the clonaz? Happily go full speed into benzo addiction knowing that some day I'll have to stop and taper down, and knowing that the days of next day delivery are over soon at the least, or possible worse with the new laws. Or do I do two weeks of baclofen, two weeks of clonaz? Or some kind of combination? Is there a way where I can be under the influence of one of the two drugs at any one time and avoid addiction to either, or is this just a road to two addictions?
It's good you know what potentially awaits bud. An addiction is a shitty thing to get into but even shitter when it actually looks the lesser of 2 evils.
"To fall in hell or soar angelic you need a pinch of psychedelic".
Humphry Osmond to Aldous Huxley (in a book)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk
The absolute last thing you want to do is get in to the habbit of taking benzos regularly. I had a friend who fucked himself up bad on diclazepam and most people would agree that's a pretty tame one compared to clonazolam. I think you're underestimating how horrific benzo withdrawal can be. Thankfully I've never taken benzos regularly enough to encounter withdrawal symptoms but from what I've read it can be absolutely horrific. The short term relief they give you from your social anxiety is not worth the long term pain of getting addicted to them and then having to taper for months.

You may not want to hear this but there is no long term sustainable chemical fix for your social anxiety. You're just going to have to learn to live with it and manage it as best as you can. Perhaps some sort of therapy is the way forward but I can assure you that long term use of any chemical, even phenibut, is not going to work and will only lead to more extensive and destructive problems in the long term.

I apologise for sort of jumping in here when I don't have any experience of clonazolam addiction, but I've read so many horror stories about benzos in general and witnessed my friend suffer extensively first hand - and don't want that happening to another human being. Hopefully some more experienced members who have had issues with benzos can offer a first hand perspective.
I wonder since your post seems fairly sensible if you know the answer to this; how often have you seen people recommending addiction or horrendous withdrawal as a life style over the alternative?  Even if regular use of benzos didn't very often entail lots of real rapidly escalating negatives like enflaming social anxiety you are soon going to have supply cut off; I wouldn't personally suggest you put yourself in a really bad position when the supply does run out. You would be far better using these modestly and occaissionally and looking at otherways of tackling anxiety if it's a big problems
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
Have you looked at the causes much? If the cause can be treated then you no longer have any effects to worry about.

Getting addicted to benzos will make your anxiety worse. It might not happen quickly but it will happen. Use them occasionally. If you know you can't do that, and you basically acknowledge in your post you can't, then avoid benzos if possible, especially clonazolam.

Try and get CBT mate. CBT + benzos as needed = way less anxiety. Whereas a benzo addiction is going to make you much worse in the long term.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
(31-05-2015, 04:59 PM)wyvern Wrote: The absolute last thing you want to do is get in to the habbit of taking benzos regularly. I had a friend who fucked himself up bad on diclazepam and most people would agree that's a pretty tame one compared to clonazolam. I think you're underestimating how horrific benzo withdrawal can be. Thankfully I've never taken benzos regularly enough to encounter withdrawal symptoms but from what I've read it can be absolutely horrific. The short term relief they give you from your social anxiety is not worth the long term pain of getting addicted to them and then having to taper for months.

You may not want to hear this but there is no long term sustainable chemical fix for your social anxiety. You're just going to have to learn to live with it and manage it as best as you can. Perhaps some sort of therapy is the way forward but I can assure you that long term use of any chemical, even phenibut, is not going to work and will only lead to more extensive and destructive problems in the long term.

I apologise for sort of jumping in here when I don't have any experience of clonazolam addiction, but I've read so many horror stories about benzos in general and witnessed my friend suffer extensively first hand - and don't want that happening to another human being. Hopefully some more experienced members who have had issues with benzos can offer a first hand perspective.

No need to apologise dude, any advice is welcome. The withdrawals sound horrible, I don't want that. The thought of actually enjoying work, building positive relationships with people, making friends, enjoying life etc etc - those positives sound like they outweigh the negatives of a slow taper.

(31-05-2015, 05:00 PM)Xochipilli Wrote: I wonder since your post seems fairly sensible if you know the answer to this; how often have you seen people recommending addiction or horrendous withdrawal as a life style over the alternative?  Even if regular use of benzos didn't very often entail lots of real rapidly escalating negatives like enflaming social anxiety you are soon going to have supply cut off; I wouldn't personally suggest you put yourself in a really bad position when the supply does run out. You would be far better using these modestly and occaissionally and looking at otherways of tackling anxiety if it's a big problems

I don't foresee supply being cut off though. When I want to quit, I taper. I have ways of tackling anxiety, I lead a normal life, it's just a less enjoyable one.
After a while you are far more anxious with the addiction than you were pre addiction. When you then taper and lose the anti anxiety effect your anxiety is 10x worse than it was. Tapering is also not a walk in the park as you assume. The addiction is mental as well as physical. You can be ill for months.

It really just makes your life worse from experience

As someone who used to think the same as you - don't do it
ned - i just wanted a code to go and hav a look but yee hav ruined it now acting like scientolagists with the code...seriously yee say im a prick just take a step back there
(31-05-2015, 05:38 PM)Anarch Wrote: After a while you are far more anxious with the addiction than you were pre addiction. When you then taper and lose the anti anxiety effect your anxiety is 10x worse than it was. Tapering is also not a walk in the park as you assume. The addiction is mental as well as physical. You can be ill for months.

As someone who used to think the same as you - don't do it

Exactly this. Do not ignore this, OP.

Use benzos either infrequently or not at all. Don't get addicted.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
This isn't even close to the 1st thing you've used yourself for this though by what you said so if anything try whatever is less addictive and likely to cause you as many problems as these before even considering it. Have seen people make similar arguments, myself included, for using stupid quantities of painkillers yet knowing exactly what that could mean and how it will affect you when it comes to it and I'll stick with my anxiety Totally sucks but get yourself addicted to anything and your body is gonna seriously want, or even need in some cases, you need to understand how shit the times when you have none will be.

You got my sympathy man just think about what you're doing.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter