• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

BunkPolice - searchable reagent test database
In these uncertain times, it's important that people who use drugs take as much care as possible. One of the dangers we face as drug-users is being sold something that turns out to be a different substance to the one we intended to buy. This was always a potential problem, even when vendors were able to operate openly, but the risk has only increased. Vendors can make mistakes and send out the wrong substance unintentionally, or unscrupulous sellers (or their suppliers) can substitute one substance for another in the interests of maximising profits.

While it's not as reliable as a full analysis from a laboratory (or a testing service at a festival), reagent testing your drugs is a lot more accessible to many users and is a good way of being confident that a substance you've acquired is actually what you were sold. Suppliers of reagent test kits often provide charts of common substances and the colour changes that their reagents will show, but these reference charts don't usually cover more rare and unusual drugs. So I wanted to share a useful resource that covers an extensive range of substances and can help users of less common drugs who want to protect themselves using reagent testing.

BunkPolice provide a browsable and searchable database of reagent test results with links to their YouTube videos that show the expected reaction colour changes for a huge number of substances. They're also a commercial company who sell reagent test kits, but I haven't got any experience using their products.) There's an android app available which seems very well put together and easy to use (this includes links to buy their products, but isn't pushy about it).

I don't have any commercial relationship with this company (I'm not even a customer), but I thought their database of results was really useful.

(Crossposted from chempowered.org)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter