• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ban driven new psychoactive substances underground
Interesting story from BBC Wales:

Quote:The new law to crack down on designer drugs has seen no prosecutions or cautions issued in three of the four Welsh police force areas.

It became illegal to produce, distribute, sell or supply the drugs, formerly known as "legal highs", in May.

Only South Wales Police said it had cases relating to new psychoactive substances (NPS).

Drug charities have raised concerns the law has driven the drugs "underground".

North Wales, Dyfed-Powys and Gwent Police forces have not cautioned or prosecuted anybody within the first six months of the law being introduced.

The forces also said no businesses had been shut down in that time.

South Wales police reported four cases, but could not specify whether each related to a person, or a business being shut down.

(More on the BBC News site - "Ban driven new psychoactive substances underground")

This confirms my general impression of how little the PSA is being used. I'm aware of a couple of prosecutions where PSA-related offences have been taken into consideration (meaning that the defendent admits guilt for these offences while being prosecuted for another charge in order to avoid the possibility of being prosecuted for them at a later date with more severe penalties - you can read more about how this works on the Crown Prosecution Service website). There's also a strange case where someone appears to have been prosecuted under the PSA for an offence involving buprenorphine, which is controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act. In other words, if the newspaper story is to be believed they've been prosecuted under the wrong law and nobody noticed: Man jailed for selling psychoactive substance outside Scunthorpe bar, Scunthorpe Telegraph, 16th November 2016.
It was pretty obvious this was going to happen.. now these substances are potentially more dangerous due to cuts and even less quality control than from the old/solid RC vendors.

They must of expected this. If they didn't.. then well. what can I say, these people are morons.
Have to agree, the lab guys producing the Chems and professional venders that operated are more educated then the complete cunts banning them
Also the main vendors were pretty on point with testing and purity.. I'm not sure the same can be said for all regular drug dealers.

It's a shame really.. in the grand scheme of things there were hardly any deaths from any of these compounds for the whole duration.. and it was kind of nice for people to be able to safely buy some mind altering substances without having to interact with street dealers, and in most cases get extremely pure unadulterated products.

There are not many of the chemicals I miss myself, apart from the cannabinoids. I know they caused a huge problem but shit, so does booze.. especially to the weak willed. I've been through terrible cannabinoid withdrawals but I knew what I was doing and had nobody to blame but myself and it was to be expected really. Sad that a minority and some old fashioned rule makers get to ruin it for the masses and dictate what people can and can't put through their body IMO.. Well, if they were looking to make things safer for the masses, they have failed.. again... and again.
Who was the black mamba star in that documentary they should go find him see what he's using now
"Spice" is all over the streets and has been since the day of the ban (or before).. just being sold loose though (no jazzy packets). Has completely changed the game and fucking up the homeless and addicts.. many have swithed from heroin/crack to spice/cannabinoid blends.
I don't want to say you're wrong in calling people with a drink problem "weak willed" because I, sorry they, probably are lacking in willpower in some cases, but out of interest would you say the same about a heroin addict or does it just apply to alcohol?
I'd say I am not qualified to answer that.
(03-01-2017, 02:16 PM)HairyMagdalene Wrote: I don't want to say you're wrong in calling people with a drink problem "weak willed" because I, sorry they, probably are lacking in willpower in some cases, but out of interest would you say the same about a heroin addict or does it just apply to alcohol?

Who mentioned alcohol? I think heroin and booze addictions are a bit different but both are certainly self destructive. Many people use booze (and heroin) responsibly.. heroin is certainly given a bad name by self destructive street junkies.. booze never really seems to get much stick as it's legal.. it's just as bad though in my books.
Sorry, I forgot to quote you Tails, but it was you :-

(02-01-2017, 05:53 PM)Tails Wrote: There are not many of the chemicals I miss myself, apart from the cannabinoids. I know they caused a huge problem but shit, so does booze.. especially to the weak willed.

I know what you mean about them being comparable in some ways - the social acceptability factor plays a big part in it, as alcohol is available to everyone, but I wish I could control my drinking effectively and I can't. As I said, perhaps I'm weak willed or perhaps it's something else, I don't know.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter