• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Any reggae fans here
yeah digital has become fashionable in recent years... in places like france and germany in particular... loads of re-issues and inflated prices on the second hand market... i got into it in the late 80's - early 90's when most kids my age were into hardcore "you know the score"... but i was more into "whoa hey" and would go crate digging round soho... picking up second hand vinyl...

on the subject of nicodemus... nicodemus was supercats "brethen" and one version of the events surrounding nitty grittys shooting was that nicodemus owed gritty money and gritty was out to "collect"... gritty pulled a gun but "the cat" became involved in defense of demus... gritty's gun jammed and cat blew his head off...

super cat gained notoriety as bad man and became perhaps the biggest "DJ" of all time having legendary clashes with ninja man who famously "killed" him with a verse referencing cats coke habit... the footage of that is worth looking up on you tube... super cat  disappeared off the scene until recently... he looks a bit rough and seems to have slowed down a bit... but still a huge character...

anyway... one from super cat...

ive got all these posts on vinyl... very proud of my reggae vinyl...

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.
(23-03-2015, 08:17 PM)ralhar Wrote: yeah digital has become fashionable in recent years... in places like france and germany in particular... loads of re-issues and inflated prices on the second hand market... i got into it in the late 80's - early 90's when most kids my age were into hardcore "you know the score"... but i was more into "whoa hey" and would go crate digging round soho... picking up second hand vinyl...

on the subject of nicodemus... nicodemus was supercats "brethen" and one version of the events surrounding nitty grittys shooting was that nicodemus owed gritty money and gritty was out to "collect"... gritty pulled a gun but "the cat" became involved in defense of demus... gritty's gun jammed and cat blew his head off...

super cat gained notoriety as bad man and became perhaps the biggest "DJ" of all time having legendary clashes with ninja man who famously "killed" him with a verse referencing cats coke habit... the footage of that is worth looking up on you tube... super cat  disappeared off the scene until recently... he looks a bit rough and seems to have slowed down a bit... but still a huge character...

"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
(23-03-2015, 10:34 PM)MrApollo Wrote:
(23-03-2015, 08:17 PM)ralhar Wrote: yeah digital has become fashionable in recent years... in places like france and germany in particular... loads of re-issues and inflated prices on the second hand market... i got into it in the late 80's - early 90's when most kids my age were into hardcore "you know the score"... but i was more into "whoa hey" and would go crate digging round soho... picking up second hand vinyl...

wow interesting bit of background there mate, cheers for that! I also have all my posts on vinyl and I'm also very proud of it all :)  
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Some Sunday Roots. One of my favourite Yabby You tracks and a superb Lee Perry dub. The only dub he did for Yabby apparently but it's also down as one of my all time fav dubs. Perry at his peak. Basically I really like it, both cuts!

http://youtu.be/K5Lhu03txGU
 ~ anon via Bongwater
one of my all time favs of the man himself

Love a bit of old tortelvis

Jah make me feel alright.

of course reggae is also about crazy cover versions...

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter