• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Any reggae fans here
Nitty Gritty was shot dead in 1991 outside a record shop in New York by SuperCat...

Blankets screw you up. Just say no.
Tenor Saw... started singing on youthman promotion sound system at the age of 17 around 1984... was murdered by the age of 21... found dead by the side of the road in Texas after performing on a sound system... nobody knows what happened but the story I heard was someone pulled a gun on him in the car and he bailed... they turned and ran him down... police dismissed it as a hit and run...

Nice tunes rather. Not normally a digital fan but his voice goes a long way.

But keeping in a dancehall style this is more my thing. Heavy rythym, heavy vocal delivery. One of my favourites 

http://youtu.be/Si7U3wkMsvo
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
There is a whole heap of bone by the end though
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
I have a 7" from 1970 (?) of You Can Get it if you Really Want - Desmond Dekker. Not rare or anything but sticking it on is pure pleasure.

Sacrilegious to say it maybe but the Clash probably made a couple of my favourite reggae tunes.
I have that same 7inch plus the Israelites. Classic tunes.

I think you're right about the clash. Their cover of Police and Thieves is a classic. I gather there was a general feeling of recognition and mutual respect back I those days. Rastas we're out casts and suffering as were many punks.

Some interesting stuff here

http://www.theclash.com/thisisradioclash/chapter2
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Nice. b side of my 7" is Perseverance, great tune. Very underrated songwriter.

Lee Perry producing Complete Control is such a brilliant thing that happened.
Rebel Waltz off Sandinista is in my head now.

Ever hear Offshore Banking Business by the Members. Super track.
(21-03-2015, 05:16 AM)BobbyBenzo Wrote: Nice. b side of my 7" is Perseverance, great tune. Very underrated songwriter.

Lee Perry producing Complete Control is such a brilliant thing that happened.
Rebel Waltz off Sandinista is in my head now.

Ever hear Offshore Banking Business by the Members. Super track.

No but I'll have a search for it cheers. I'm sure you have heard of it but Fu Manchu by Desmond Dekker is a lovely tune. Another of my favourites :)
 ~ anon via Bongwater

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter