• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Any reggae fans here
In light of the recent jungle thread I wondered if there were any reggae fans on here. hopefully a reggae thread is in order. Worth a shot anyway. I'll kick it with my favourite track and Roots Anthem Satta Massagana

Always been a big fan of the nyabhingi version of Satta at the start of the film Rockers as well

"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Yeah - love reggae. My dad is a big fan from roots to dub, so I kind of grew up with it. But also, before the jungle thing kicked off, used to buy more than one or two records from Greensleeves.

Just listening to Congo Natty now - perfect mix between jungle and reggae :)

Will post some stuff man...
(06-12-2014, 11:49 PM)CogitoErgoSum Wrote: Yeah - love reggae. My dad is a big fan from roots to dub, so I kind of grew up with it. But also, before the jungle thing kicked off, used to buy more than one or two records from Greensleeves.

Good stuff. Some of that Congo Natty stuff is superb. My best mate is well into him. I much prefer it to the ragga jungle stuff. Look forward to seeing some of your reggae posts mate. I'll dig some more out when my depth perception returns !
"But people, who are not very bright, close their minds to new information. Sometimes, perhaps, out of loyalty to opinions the've held for years but the real loyalty we owe is to truth."
 ~ anon via Bongwater
(07-12-2014, 01:24 AM)MrApollo Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 11:49 PM)CogitoErgoSum Wrote: Yeah - love reggae. My dad is a big fan from roots to dub, so I kind of grew up with it. But also, before the jungle thing kicked off, used to buy more than one or two records from Greensleeves.

Good stuff. Some of that Congo Natty stuff is superb. My best mate is well into him. I much prefer it to the ragga jungle stuff. Look forward to seeing some of your reggae posts mate. I'll dig some more out when my depth perception returns !

This island needs some vibes man, and it's time that it happened... I'll stay in touch brother (or sister).

Natty is natty... great tunes. Great message.
Couldn't agree more mate. I'm surprised there isn't more posted on here. Criminally overlooked genre I reckon. Anyway here's a couple more for you

2014-12-07
 ~ anon via Bongwater
Inglan is a bitch

The non-acapella:
Straight into Linton, nice one. Classic!
 ~ anon via Bongwater
 ~ anon via Bongwater

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter