• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

AL-LAD
No problem, I can't smoke that shit anymore. You describe the symptoms very well, I just mix it with things to take it to another level sometimes. It's funny that it's never killed anyone because sometimes I've felt like, I guess it's the paranoia.
Ah that is understandable, Zed. I haven't been to Amsterdam and sampled anything really strong. I've only used UK stuff, usually mixed with tobacco, so my experiences have most often been pretty mild and chilled. Which is what you want for a social smoke with friends and for if you're mixing with psychedelics.

The only exception to this has been dabs and AVB. Now dabs are something that has to be imported from the US medical market so I was lucky to have been able to sample it. I took just a few hits and was high as a kite for the next few hours. Normally a few puffs of a joint gets me nice and out of it for around 30 minutes. So dabs are ridiculous. But AVB even more so. AVB is basically what is leftover when you use a vape for your herb. Because what's leftover has already been cooked you can literally just eat it as it is. And because vapes (as I understand it) only extract certain cannaboids, there are still plenty left in that AVB. If you've used a decent strain you can think of AVB as a pot brownie basically. So I've eaten a whole bag of that before and it got me fucked for a whole day and whether or not that is enjoyable really depends on the strain. Consuming a strong indica like that is a bad idea unless you want a sleeping aid. But a sativa or a mix is very enjoyable in my previous experience. You will be really really stoned, make no mistake about it. But not as badly as you reported.

But that said I have taken very big hits of dabs while tripping balls anyway and it took me to another level. It was insane. It went from visuals and euphoria to feeling like the whole world was just a computer simulation and I wasn't real. The intensity was mad. But amazingly I could still talk fine.

Another thing by the way - when you're smoking, especially if it's strong shit from Amsterdam, it is not advisable to have a whole joint on your own. You should have passed that shit around and if you had no one to do that with you should have put it out when you felt you were high enough and picked it up again later. Smoking a whole joint is a bad idea unless you have tolerance.

But yeah, AL-LAD. AL-LAD is awesome.
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
(21-07-2014, 08:52 PM)WeAreScientists Wrote: Ah that is understandable, Zed. I haven't been to Amsterdam and sampled anything really strong. I've only used UK stuff, usually mixed with tobacco, so my experiences have most often been pretty mild and chilled. Which is what you want for a social smoke with friends and for if you're mixing with psychedelics.

The only exception to this has been dabs and AVB. Now dabs are something that has to be imported from the US medical market so I was lucky to have been able to sample it. I took just a few hits and was high as a kite for the next few hours. Normally a few puffs of a joint gets me nice and out of it for around 30 minutes. So dabs are ridiculous. But AVB even more so. AVB is basically what is leftover when you use a vape for your herb. Because what's leftover has already been cooked you can literally just eat it as it is. And because vapes (as I understand it) only extract certain cannaboids, there are still plenty left in that AVB. If you've used a decent strain you can think of AVB as a pot brownie basically. So I've eaten a whole bag of that before and it got me fucked for a whole day and whether or not that is enjoyable really depends on the strain. Consuming a strong indica like that is a bad idea unless you want a sleeping aid. But a sativa or a mix is very enjoyable in my previous experience. You will be really really stoned, make no mistake about it. But not as badly as you reported.

But that said I have taken very big hits of dabs while tripping balls anyway and it took me to another level. It was insane. It went from visuals and euphoria to feeling like the whole world was just a computer simulation and I wasn't real. The intensity was mad. But amazingly I could still talk fine.

Another thing by the way - when you're smoking, especially if it's strong shit from Amsterdam, it is not advisable to have a whole joint on your own. You should have passed that shit around and if you had no one to do that with you should have put it out when you felt you were high enough and picked it up again later. Smoking a whole joint is a bad idea unless you have tolerance.

But yeah, AL-LAD. AL-LAD is awesome.

Hahaha! I was passing it!! But you have to imagine this stupidly comical situation, it's a joke within itself: "four med students walk into a coffee shop in Amsterdam..."

Of the three others who were with me, the only girl didn't want to try it at all and then forbade her boyfriend to even sniff it and my closest buddy was just sucking on it like a straw and blowing it out again as if he was sampling a Cuban cigar or something - he was just wasting it really, so me being the only person with some idea on how to do this (despite never having done it previously), in my attempt to explain and demonstrate, I proclaimed "you have to pull it in gently, let it cool for a second, inhale... *holds breath for a good 5 seconds* and then slooooowly let that shit out." - Yeah, he didn't really get it and I think I demonstrated that same scenario one too many times. I didn't really give him much of a chance after that because I didn't want him to waste any more than he had already and I can only assume his playing dumb was a cop-out.

Needless to say, when I got back to normal again, my friend did nothing but complain about how it didn't affect him whatsoever and how I was such a lightweight, etc.-  I won't argue though, that's not a trip we're taking again any time soon, lol.

Also it didn't really kick in properly until about 5 minutes after I had finished, so I couldn't have known it would get that bad!

AL-LAD FTW. ;)
How to think like a genius: ban all the shit that puts 2 idiots into hospital once a month but tax the liquid shit that puts 1.2 million in (a large number of which are completely innocent and didn't even touch it).   blink  

cantwatch
Sounds like a crappy group of friends to go with then, shame man. Also who the fuck forbids their SO from smoking weed in Amsterdam? It's fucking Amsterdam. I'd have dumped her straight off :P
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
tolerance chaps, you need some tolerance to get the most out of cannabinoids.. down regulate that endogenous receptor system..
(22-07-2014, 06:31 AM)WeAreScientists Wrote: Sounds like a crappy group of friends to go with then, shame man. Also who the fuck forbids their SO from smoking weed in Amsterdam? It's fucking Amsterdam. I'd have dumped her straight off :P

Haha, yeah definitely the wrong group for that particular part of the trip, they're all really nice people though, they didn't judge me for having tried it and they stayed with me the whole time so I can't fault them at all.

As for my friend's obedience... well, you'd kind of have to see the girl to understand that bit. LOL. - Think of Cameron Diaz, but younger, with bigger hips and bigger tits. Does it make more sense now? XD

Anyway... more AL-LAD came in the mail today... I'm thinking I might just enjoy the rest of my afternoon with a quick trip to the moon! :P

Not adding too much to my original trip report...

I took 300mcg today (in one go) about 5 hours ago. The trip has been absolutely sensational; the colours, the patterns, the euphoria, if I have just one negative disclaimer it's that stupid humming/buzzing tinnitus, but I don't know if that's the same for everyone or just me? Either way it's rather annoying. Everything else is top class though, top-top class. I could take this every day and feel like I was living in the Bahamas.
How to think like a genius: ban all the shit that puts 2 idiots into hospital once a month but tax the liquid shit that puts 1.2 million in (a large number of which are completely innocent and didn't even touch it).   blink  

cantwatch
Tha's just the sound of the universe in the background. Noisy.
Glad you've enjoyed yourself. I've never had the tinnitus.

Unfortunately, there's no point in taking it every day because of tolerance (it clogs up your receptors for several days).

Bu I know what you mean :-)
'Why can't I be different and original
Like everybody else?'
(Vivian Stanshall)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter