• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few updates.
Brick 
Nothing major, nothing really a feature per-se, but some information for you lot regarding recent updates.

You may have noticed in the URL bar things are a bit different.
Instead of ...showthread.php?tid=[Randomnumber] you are now seeing Thread-Name-Here#.
Gives a bit more ease in knowing where you are, also helps people on other sites know what they can expect to end up from a link.  Also helps relevance with google searches (after it finally re-indexes).
All old-style links you find on Google, or in your bookmarks will redirect to the correct place instantly, so don't worry.

I've been fiddling with how we cache the website on your computers, so it should load a little faster now for those of you who frequent the site.
I've also spent the last few days properly compressing any scripts we use, which again, means faster loading for you.
I've also done lossless compression on all images on the sites, animated smilies, logos, icons, etc.  Again faster loading for you.
These compressions also amount to an around 40% reduced download amount on each load, so we'll be eating a bit less into your bandwidth quota.

Anyway, that's all for today.  Time to drink.
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
Cool!

What do the icons below reputation on Member's headers mean? You know, like bomber, and Mad Scientist, etc...
(25-08-2013, 04:21 AM)Just A Guy Wrote: Cool!

What do the icons below reputation on Member's headers mean? You know, like bomber, and Mad Scientist, etc...

...and 'Sheriff of Abanado'? (not sure where that came from).....There are standard forum user titles that automatically change after x amount of posts (the stars increase with posts too).
There are also individual user titles that are applied entirely at the whim of members of the staff team, usually reflecting the member's personality or something they have said or done.

Oh divvy me! Just realised which bit you meant! They are awards & the same as the last sentence above applies!
This.....is real life
(25-08-2013, 09:36 AM)tralala Wrote:
(25-08-2013, 04:21 AM)Just A Guy Wrote: Cool!

...and 'Sheriff of Abanado'? (not sure where that came from).....There are standard forum user titles that automatically change after x amount of posts (the stars increase with posts too).
There are also individual user titles that are applied entirely at the whim of members of the staff team, usually reflecting the member's personality or something they have said or done.

Oh divvy me! Just realised which bit you meant! They are awards & the same as the last sentence above applies!

Thanks.

As far as "Sheriff of Abanado" goes... try "Googling" it. lol
(25-08-2013, 02:03 PM)Just A Guy Wrote: As far as "Sheriff of Abanado" goes... try "Googling" it. lol

Nice, googling leads to lots of hits, all posts... by... "Just A Guy"... on a site called UKCR..... Eh?!?!? Self Referencing Self Sustaining Reference System, SRS SRS for short?

A double barrel dose of serious, I'm beat sheriff. Make it up to these kids I tormented round this town...

Addendum: Becoming slightly self aware and getting serious for a moment, this was a thread about a number of site updates, so thanks renton. I joke but the work put in by you and the others is always appreciated, and I hope this has re-railed the locomotive safely on it's way to Sunday Evening Peace.

Have you made the effort to listen to your subconscious today? 'Your sake' breakz are as amazing as line times or pin mins.

(25-08-2013, 02:18 PM)PsychMink Wrote:
(25-08-2013, 02:03 PM)Just A Guy Wrote: As far as "Sheriff of Abanado" goes... try "Googling" it. lol

Nice, googling leads to lots of hits, all posts... by... "Just A Guy"... on a site called UKCR..... Eh?!?!? Self Referencing Self Sustaining Reference System, SRS SRS for short?

A double barrel dose of serious, I'm beat sheriff.

I found it mink....TRY HARDER!!
This.....is real life
I'm clicking the moose as hard as a can Tralala,  she'll no take much moar, and all I gets the same old adverts for Justin Beiber merch, they follow me everywhere...

Have you made the effort to listen to your subconscious today? 'Your sake' breakz are as amazing as line times or pin mins.

lol!

It's a reference from one of my trip reports from a while back.

It was before I'd known of UKCR, though.

Removed your link ....think about it!

Was a wonderful mix. I was eating some pork abodabo, and I mistyped it abanado.

Self referencing, self sustaining indeed.
I tried this self googling technique with the phrase/concept "pineapple of existence" which is something I have been thinking/dreaming about for around 20 years , I was horrified to discover that the only reference to it on the web was me "here @ UKCR" in a post on "describe yourself in  3 words" last year, an entirely erroneous post taken at face value as lets all hope that I am not the "pineapple of existence" as that might get a little bit messy, maybe even destroy/rewrite the whole of the universe/reality potentially.   I thought about requesting that the management remove/delete that entry as it was only the year 2012, I have yet to complete the ground work, and there are somethings that unless you are at the head of a charging panzer division the world is just not ready for.    Not an actual panzer division of course, not even a 21st century one, my panzer division's are composed entirely of words thoughts concepts and ideas, aka the most potent tools weapons available to us.   I didn't though reasoning that my post would effortlessly blend in with any of the many billions of other half baked mumblings that grace the web and would present no significant challenge either to reality or our conception of it, (in the year 2012 that is)

The pineapple of existence describes a space that "may be" one or a number of horizons beyond the horizon of our currently conceived horizons, (I like to think in terms of MXE tangents, or after experiencing the utter devastation that epic mxe doses (+ aMT usually) wrought on concepts that are as intuitive to us as 1 + 1 = 2 coined this particular term just for my own thinking/writing etc.   The pineapple of existence might be described as something which is thinkable but is not currently being thought of, you can infer its existence though, or aspire to, the latter is all you need and is quite beautiful.   How slippery is it ? a great deal more slippery than an eel covered in baby oil that has just won a wet teeshirt completion, so one particularly slippery motherfucker indeed.  Good shit though, a calling perhaps, you need only think an original thought after all (this is the easy bit) and then!!! communicate it, how hard can it be.  lol.  

Many have sought the "pineapple of existence" of course both now and throughout history, many have aspired to reach for something they can glimpse or conceptualise but just cant quite see, but we are all different and bring a different conceptual framework and style of language/communication to the table, it all adds up though and is a good thing.    

In terms of the updates, congratulations to the teams of gypsie children that Renton keeps in the cupboard under the stairs, on this occasion they have excelled themselves, good work .
All comprehension is temporary, understand nothing, try to understand everything.
(25-08-2013, 05:50 PM)Just A Guy Wrote: lol!

It's a reference from one of my trip reports from a while back.

It was before I'd known of UKCR, though.

Removed your link ....think about it!

Was a wonderful mix. I was eating some pork abodabo, and I mistyped it abanado.

Self referencing, self sustaining indeed.

Well, the chemical researched wasn't illegal at the time of the report, so I didn't feel it was necessary to censor myself. Wait...no outside links, right? (No it can't be that.)

Oh...nevermind. My bad. (facepalm)

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter