• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A close friend just told me her mate died from "Pandora's box" synthetic noid blend
I woke up this morning and someone I've known for almost 10 years texted me "my friend just died from taking a legal high."

Turns out that one of her mates died from a synthetic noid blend called "Pandora's box." A bit of googling tells me it contains 5F-AKB-48 and 5F-PB22 with most of the results being warnings about how dangerous it is and how easy it is to OD from. Well now we sadly have another OD to add to the list. Unsurprisingly this shit mostly comes from headshops but it's not dissimilar to the potent branded blends some online vendors sell. My friend's reaction is the same as mine, which is that this simply wouldn't happen if actual cannabis was legal.

Not sure what else I can say but this is a harm reduction forum first and foremost and I know it ranks highly in Google searches for RCs so if you've come across this thread please take this as a warning that this stuff is not to be fucked with. If you really do want to try synthetic noids at least do some research into the different chems on sale and most importantly their potency instead of buying idiotic branded blends, but my opinion is that you're much better off sticking to actual cannabis.

Be safe out there people...
Who the fuck is Psychoactive Substances Bill and why is he taking all my drugs?
I got some of this blend and Psy-Clone as a sample from a vendor a good few years ago, probably long enough ago that the cannabinoids in it when I tested are no longer legal and almost positively going to be different in new packages.
I used very little and got in a pretty uncomfortable position, if somebody put in an amount in a joint similar to weed I can see a hospital trip being on the table at least, they're both ridiculously strong and the fact they don't state active ingredients (most of the time) or doses is fucking abhorrent.

I don't think cannabis legality would change people using these, the high is different and many users of synthetic cannabinoids use them not because cannabis is hard to get (it's not) but because they enjoy them or are drug tested for cannabis for work. The latter has nothing to do with legality but company policy. If cannabis were illegal in the first place a lot of these absolutely never would have hit the market, but if it were made legal now it wouldn't change or slow down anything whatsoever, there's already enough of an established customer base that won't care.

If your friend can find the source used, advise them to try to get the product tested by WEDINOS so we can know just what's in these nowadays and if they can get any guise on quantity, quality or if it's even still legal.
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
I've asked her for more info, she has none right now but she'll update me if she gets any. She can't get any of the stuff he took to send to WEDINOS, the police have it and they're questioning someone over it apparently. It occurred to me that the chems in these things change all the time but the ingredients I listed are from a vendor site selling the stuff right now so it's the closest I can get to what this might be. Of course it's still entirely possible different vendors are selling different blends under the same name. If I get further info I'll post it here.
Sorry to hear this.. I wish people would stop selling this stuff on the high street TBH, and keep it to online forums/stores with more info... though saying that I was part of a now closed forum for a few years, mainly USA people on there.. and some of the vendors.. madhatter especially were making some crazy blends.. I often vape pure powder but these blends.. they were like 1:1 etc... tolerance rises fast with noids.. I would personally be scared to give to others unless at a dose that hardly affcts me, as even with huge breaks (I've not smoked any noids for a good six months bar three grams of B-22 that I went through in 2 days a couple of weeks back) they do not hit me like they used to. Vendors with high tollerances need to tyake these things into account.. while I agree dosing info on packets would be great, from a  legal standpoint it's not at all possible. Though prohibition is not solely to blame here.. it does not help in any case, as it prevents vendors from giving detailed info due to fears of incrimination.. all they can really say is "this is has much higher binding affinities than such and such /chemical/" :(
Sorry to hear this WAS. It's true some might like synths but think Cannabis legality would solve a lot of the problem. Cannabis might not be hard to get esp with the DW but it's not always easy in more normal situations - great if your brilliantly connected to skilled growers or are one yourself but not everyone is by far. As far as I've seen over the last 30 years there's always been supply issues; 'droughts', delays, growers having various enviromental or pest issues or simply poor quality for various reason not to mention the stupidly high cost of weed which challenges heavy users and those without huge incomes. If someone avoids these issues that's nice for them but it's not the whole picture by a long way. (Not actually legal but)a lot of people would kill for the sort acurrately weighed properly dried quality dope friends get in Canada for 1/2 what most would pay here; I can only think legal  gear would be a disincentive to see what "pandoras box" is going to unleash on you.
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
The cost is one reason i use them but above all its drug testing alas.
Oh yeah my line of work doesn't ask for such a thing so hadn't considered that - think in most cases that's an undignified unwarranted bloody intrusion that's sadly on the increase.
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
I literally found a full bag of weed on the floor today, no joke. I just fucking found it. Smells good too. Dealers are everywhere too, I asked my girlfriend when I last went to visit her and she said she knows 10 dealers in 5 minutes of her house. It's not like the stuff is in short supply. I last picked up from a bloke in a van he uses for his legitimate business and I knew it was him a mile off because the smell was everywhere. It's just so casual, no one gives a fuck.

But the potency argument is a good point. When you have a high tolerance the synths certainly save you money. And unfortunately it does seem like drug testing is becoming more common in the UK even where it's not necessary. As far as I'm concerned drug tests should be reserved purely for jobs where being intoxicated can harm other people. If you work in an office or in a Tesco there's no reason you should be drug tested.
Whilst the potency arguement could definitely be used, in the long run, your tolerance just gets dangerously higher and higher with noids due to the potency and short lived highs.

Not to mention the fact if you did go back to illegal herbs, your tolerance would be so high to the noids that your tolerance to the natural herbs would also be effected to an extent, requiring you to smoke even more than before you smoked noids.

So while it saves you money in the short term, in the long run, I have seen people go through 3g's of pandoras box a day easily, along with lovely symptoms like insomnia, throwing up and shaking from withdrawl.
(22-01-2016, 02:55 PM)exalin Wrote: Whilst the potency arguement could definitely be used, in the long run, your tolerance just gets dangerously higher and higher with noids due to the potency and short lived highs.

Not to mention the fact if you did go back to illegal herbs, your tolerance would be so high to the noids that your tolerance to the natural herbs would also be effected to an extent, requiring you to smoke even more than before you smoked noids.

So while it saves you money in the short term, in the long run, I have seen people go through 3g's of pandoras box a day easily, along with lovely symptoms like insomnia, throwing up and shaking from withdrawl.

This is why the sensible response to increasing tolerance is a break, but there's always gonna be those with addictive personalities and such. These are the same people who end up taking 5mg of clonazolam a day. Causes way more problems in the long-term but many only think of the short-term.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter