• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 AI vs 5 IAI
Title says it all
For me 5-IAI was virtually inactive. 2-AI, while relatively low in potency, can actually give a nice energy and mood lift at doses of 100mg+. It's like a milder version of MPA I'd say, but doesn't linger as long so you can actually get some sleep a few hours later.
I enjoyed 2-AI on its own. doses that were considered low-mid at the time alongisde beer in a club, great, job done. I believe I wrote a TR it's probably buried in one of the threads on it. I remember blodwyn had a good laugh at it.
https://drug.cafe Encrypted Messaging & Chat Rooms
https://forum.drug.cafe Forum
[Image: 3ANSKL2.png]

Need to e-mail me?
(I originally posted this in the CW thread. But it probably makes more sense over here because I'm not talking about CW)

5-IAI originally came out in mid 2010 as vendors were scrabbling round to get hold of new legal products following on from the mephedrone ban. That was a very different market to the one that exists today and the chance of random chemicals being sold under the name of whatever was popular or new and exciting was much higher than it is today. This was still the era of party pills with names that stayed constant while the actual ingredients and effects shifted with legality and availability.

So suspicion was a pretty reasonable response to receiving something that was expected to be active and fun that really didn't deliver on its promises. 5-IAI is another of David E. Nichol's investigational research chemicals developed at Purdue in the 90's. Just as MDAI is a non-neurotoxic analogue of MDMA and was used it to investigate the causes of MDMA-induced neurotoxicity, 5-IAI is a non-neurotoxic analogue of para-iodo-amphetamine and its original use was in investigating the causes of para-halogenated amphetamine neurotoxicity. On paper it looks good, but pharmacology is never so simple. As Nichols himself notes while explaining (with a certain undercurrent of frustration) the reasons why it's hard to see any relationship between activity and neurotoxicity in a series of amphetamine-like drugs, "PIA and 5-IAI are substantially less potent in substituting for MDMA and S-MDBD in drug discrimination experiments than might be anticipated from the in-vitro data tables." [[3H]monoamine releasing and uptake inhibition properties of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine and p-chloroamphetamine analogues. Johnson MP, Conarty PF, Nichols DE. Europe J Pharmacol. 1991 Jul 23;200(1):9-16.]

So whatever activity it is that makes MDMA and other entactogens feel the way they feel is apparently missing from 5-IAI. It talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. What's missing? We don't know. We don't even know if it's the same thing that confers neurotoxicity. This might be VMAT2 activity or something we don't even know about yet. One of the fun ways that, no matter how convoluted and complicated pharmacology appears, it's always more complicated than you thought.

Were other substances being sold as 5-IAI in those early days? It's possible. But at this point, with plenty of time since the enthusiasm for 5-IAI dwindled and no incentive to tarnish anything else with what was essentially a failure, we can assume most reports are genuine and the substance not mislabeled. And they're mostly consistent: little worthwhile effect. Always worth remembering the little PIA analogue that couldn't when the hype train starts to build up steam.
5iai is trash. 2ai is caffeine-like for me.
5 iai was for all aspects junk. Wether real or not we won't know. I suspect what I got was real. How pure it was is another question. But I still really don't ever recall seeing a positive experience from 5iai. Other than a slight mood lift. 2 iai is not much better.
S Mdbd is the one rc that still hasn't made the rounds. UK illegal but everything will be in 2 months ffs. Love to see this available not too many good empathogens out, besides a few illegal benzofurans.
love the world and it will love you back. chin
So Ive tried CW 5 IAI yesterday.
Dose about 30-40mg flet nothing, but a bit more clear headed and awake like a 3 coffee mugs that it, went to sleep after 1 30 hours
First tried 5-IAI sourced from CW about a year ago and fell asleep waiting to feel the effects, a rather large dissapointing dose was needed to achive next to nothing, it was indeed active and i woke up with dilated pupils and some weird cold rushs, wouldnt bother with it again though, better options available.
(21-02-2016, 12:31 PM)zonic01 Wrote: First tried 5-IAI sourced from CW about a year ago and fell asleep waiting to feel the effects, a rather large dissapointing dose was needed to achive next to nothing, it was indeed active and i woke up with dilated pupils and some weird cold rushs, wouldnt bother with it again though, better options available.

I agree with you! 
But to be honest ill be using it if I need to study and have no other alternative.

Reddit   Facebook   Twitter