This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hello There, Guest!   Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psyclone (legal high)- hospitalization
petertomo95 Offline
Just starting

Psyclone (legal high)- hospitalization
This weekend I witnessed somebody take some of this Psyclone legal high, he had an entire bong bowl full before the person who's it was saw how much he took. He was fine at first but then you saw the look of terror in his face he started to act like his was having a seizure which is how I can only describe it comparing it to my epileptic friends fits, he inhaled strangely before he began to scream and wretch, the screams he was making will never leave our heads, he must have met death himself. We managed to get him outside (with much difficulty - his body was solid as a rock) and put in him recovery position where he threw up multiple times whilst screaming in terror, he was kicking the floor layed down he began to punch the floor cutting his head and knuckels , an ambulance arrived he was still screaming for a good 10-15 minutes but managed to stand up with help from the paramedics which then he calmed down, his heart rate was 150bpm! After a few hours in hospital he has no memory of what happened and woke up with a terrible comedown he is now fine, but after seeing how easily it is to nearly die on something so cheap (£10 for a baggie full!) And there was Still about 5/6 of the bag full, i believe these synthetic cannabinoids should be illegalized asap, I have took many illegal substances and not once have I seen someone mess up on them, but i have only seen these legal ones mess people up which are the real danger to society unlike some illegal substances
16-12-2013 11:26 AM
Mango Offline
Administrator

Sharp ShooterFunnyGold StarChampDad
RE: Psyclone (legal high)- hospitalization
unfortunately the cat is out of the bag petertomo95.. making synthetic cannabinoids illegal will have little effect on availability.. making marijuana legal will probably reduce demand considerably however..

..sorry to hear about your friend.. synthetic cannabimimetics are risky indeed..
Reps + Nubis

Please read the site rules HERE

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"
16-12-2013 01:37 PM
Blodwyn Offline
Forum Owner

Diamond UserDerailerSweetheartsSunday Drinker
Its been noted for some time that these products can cause this kind of reaction, clockwork orange was a brand of particular note that people have had issues with I'm afraid no one knows how individuals will react to anything so caution starting low and working up is a mantra you will see repeated over and over here. I hope your friend is ok now its a shame you didnt find the forum until after such a stressful time. Sometimes a little respect for these substances can only be learnt the hard way legal as you have found out doesn't mean safe.

Striving for perfection in an honest approach to harm reduction that benefits as many people as possible.
[email protected]
16-12-2013 01:41 PM
Xochipilli Online
Terminal Hipster Dysplasia

MushroomGreat ThinkerPart of the ukcr furniture
Firstly I am glad this person is ok and also thank you for joining to make the warning - I can see why witnessing such a thing can result in a dailymail reflex of 'ban it' (that isn't meant as any kind of personal insult/insinuation to you) - but self determinism, choice and government interference of any persue, action, deed, word deemed dangerous, unhealthy or unwarrented for whatever reason, as well as surveillance there of by the political elite and its substracture seems to be rapidly expanding imo so I am very cautious about asking for more expansion in this state of affairs. It can always be dressed up as sensible or for the better good at the time with unintended consequences. Prohibition has been a disaster regardless of the dangerousness of in this case a drug. Some illegals seem fairly harmless others much less (i can assure you some people mess up on them)but eitherway the law against them is failing terribly and causing more social harm utimately than it is benefit to the individual - if any. Many "Synthanoids" seem to offer a risk not worth it to my mind but are an individual risk and are no more a threat to society any more than a tree is if climbed and fallen from. Lots of activities entail risk - sport, transport etc Understanding and education might well offer a solution that has wider benefits including not cutting off clinical research or infantalising people. It might have been that earlier synthanoids were safer for example and a ban makes the problem worse but you'll probably get your wish and more. Again thanks for the contribution.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2013 07:37 PM by Xochipilli.)
16-12-2013 07:24 PM
petertomo95 Offline
Just starting

Thanks for the welcome, he was close to dying in hospital the doctors say. Its scared him straight hes not going to touch anything else but a bit of cannabis ever so often, so I guess it was for the best since he was bad on hard drugs. But there needs to be fast action on these kinda things, I genuinely believe if cannabis was legal it would put the synthetic cannabinoids out of business the only reason the person who gave it Him had it was because she has insomnia and cannot get hold of cannabis in her area she lives in.
16-12-2013 10:36 PM
Stephen Online
Big Dickinbawls

CutePsychoSunSexyDad
if you haven't got any alcohol in the house then don't drink the listerine

Glad your friend is okay
I've never liked synthetic cannabinoids and wouldn't dare touch the branded shit
16-12-2013 11:40 PM
petertomo95 Offline
Just starting

Cheers, Its true though I'd never touch them he just took what was there because he thought he'd not trip out for 3 hours
17-12-2013 12:11 AM
Ilovethepostman Offline
First class signed for special delivery

MushroomGold StarPart of the ukcr furniture
I think I was south park that said "all or nothing is easy. Moderation, now that takes a dishiprin".
Not pot is dangerous but it was his ill informed over consumption that was the real causal factor here.

"Experience is a good school, but the fees are high."
17-12-2013 03:07 AM
zombywoof Offline
Shulginator

Sharp ShooterMusic MaestroAlways ChilledPart of the ukcr furniture
i would never have a bong of this stuff unless you have very accurate scales at least in a spliff you can control your intake a lot better. i dont think these are good but alas the natural is illegal and the price for good grade weed is extortionate so some people will continue to use them. maybe banning these would be a good idea and as a heavy smoker myself i would welcome it in the long run

In the space age the most important space is between the ears.
17-12-2013 07:06 AM
Xochipilli Online
Terminal Hipster Dysplasia

MushroomGreat ThinkerPart of the ukcr furniture
(16-12-2013 10:36 PM)petertomo95 Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome, he was close to dying in hospital the doctors say. Its scared him straight hes not going to touch anything else but a bit of cannabis ever so often, so I guess it was for the best since he was bad on hard drugs. But there needs to be fast action on these kinda things, I genuinely believe if cannabis was legal it would put the synthetic cannabinoids out of business the only reason the person who gave it Him had it was because she has insomnia and cannot get hold of cannabis in her area she lives in.

Well I still disagree that 'fast action on these kind of things' or knee jerk is the best policy - we have had fast action on these kind of things and we tend to get just more of these kinds of things popping up be it apb to eapb. I may be being a bit pedantic but these noids haven't killed many compared with many legal products or activities  'You can't stop the chemistry' to quote some or the cat is out the bag as Mango says - as you say legalisation of mj would sort the problem in an instant without the need for a ban which wouldn't stop criminals enhancing low grade weed with synathnoids as an example; the high price for weed and demand for it has already resulted in grit weed and the like. 

Just out of interest, and I not suggesting for a moment that psyclone (whatever the damn hell is in it) isn't probably fully to blame, but had this person also consumed anything else - alcohol is so often a cofactor although this sounds like a straight out overdose from your post plus the usual individuals idiosncracies - hopefully this experience and post has put a few people off this crud - I doubt anyone who witnessed it's keen to have a bash - have you posted elsewhere?

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 09:39 AM by Xochipilli.)
17-12-2013 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)